Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Purchased CVR (24 hours recording subscription). How do I download clips?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
zailsingh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have purchased the 24 hrs recording subscription to test and can see live recording happening.

However how do I download the clip as there is no option than to reverse and forward the recording. The reverse forward is not smooth at all and video image is stationery as its on cloud so want to download and 24 hours and smooth forward to see if its missing anything.         

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't download the CVR recordings directly and they would be huge (I tested a ~1 hour recording and it was well over 1GB). To have a local copy, you have to use 3rd party screen capture software. Start the software, view the CVR timeline and record it as it displays. Note that this is at 1x so it would take 24 hours to locally record the whole day. It would be more useful to do this to record certain short time periods that weren't otherwise recorded.

zailsingh
Aspirant
Aspirant
That is really a joke and as such it should allow to download parts of clip to download and tweak video quality to arrive at a reasonable size for download. Alternatively it should record straight to a local disk.

Its useless waste of resources to put a laptop dedicated with screen recording on and many low end cameras allow you to locally store 24 hrs so its a waste of money.
Can I get a refund?
dcfox1
Master
Master

For the cameras you can return to place of purchase if within return frame. If you mean the CVR sub you can cancel it under the sub settings but you will only get a refund for the unused time remaining. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation