Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rbshevlin
Follower
Follower

I love the Arlo system with its wireless ability and battery power but I absolutely do NOT like the idea of cloud storage. Sorry, but I don’t care for the idea of my videos of my house being stored on some remote server where I don’t knows how many people can access them without my permission (I work in IT and I know the weakest link in any system is people). I would like to do ALL local storage with the ability to access that storage remotely (by connecting directly to the base unit). I see that the newer systems allow local storage, but do they allow me to COMPLETELY disable cloud storage/access while also allowing me to use the Arlo mobile app to directly connect to the base unit and view my videos?

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
I would have to agree with your comments, there are other manufacturers out there that operate as a fully closed system if you have the money.
From what I understand the arlo system requires internet to be able to interface to the Apps on the devices.
The base station wifi is closed so there some protection.
The method I use to address the cloud recordings is to use the USB backup and delete the cloud recordings as soon as they are reviewed and archive the USB for future reference.
Tom06
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlo is an internet connected product. Even when you use Arlo’s local storage feature, there is still the internet connection. If you want a completely local camera system, you need a different product.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation