Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have five Arlo pro two cameras. How do I upgrade my base station? I currently have a VMB 4000 and I want to upgrade to a VMB 5000. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Install the new 5000 hub ( add device ) on your account, then one at a time remove the cameras from the 4000 and add them to the new 5000

After all cameras moved to new hub you can, if wanted, remove the 4000 from your account.( must be removed so a new person can use it if selling/etc )

Make sure you download any videos you may want prior to camera removal just in case of loss.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice

When you say “add them to the 5000”, Do I just do it in the app or do I have to take the cameras down and sync them to the 5000?

Thanks for helping. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro 2 requires physically pushing the camera sync button to pair it to any base or hub. I've found it convenient to set up a ladder or whatever to be able to reach the camera, go inside to push the sync button on the base and use the ~2 minute pairing period to go outside to push the camera button. Use of the app for the VMB5000 to start the pairing may be sufficient - it talks about pressing the camera button first and then having the hub begin the process via the app. That way you just stay at the camera, no running around.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation