Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
ngl1604
Apprentice
Apprentice

Last night I started to get notifications for one of my cameras repeatedly going offline / online. It usually has 2/3 bars of signal strength. All other cameras are OK.

This morning I thought I'd look into it.  I rebooted the base station but the camera didn't come back online. I removed the camera from its mount and placed it right next to the base station and tried to sync but still no joy.

Finally I tried to follow the factory reset process but no matter how long I hold the sync button for, it doesn't display an amber flashing LED.  I'm confident that the button is working as it responds to a short press and tries to sync.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ngl1604 wrote:

Finally I tried to follow the factory reset process but no matter how long I hold the sync button for, it doesn't display an amber flashing LED. 

Yes, I believe that is a mistake in the documentation.

You can try just removing/reinserting the battery to reboot the camera - but holding the sync button down won't accomplish anything.

ngl1604
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks,

Unfortunately, that news doesn't help me re-sync my camera though ☹️

I have removed the camera from the app too

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ngl1604 wrote:

Unfortunately, that news doesn't help me re-sync my camera though ☹️

What process are you using to re-add the camera?

ngl1604
Apprentice
Apprentice
I removed the camera via the app. I the. Tried to re add it using the app. When that didn’t work, I pressed the button on the base (flashing camera light) and then tried to sync. On both occasions, the camera timed out (fast flashing amber) without connection.

I’ve restarted the base unit a couple of times. The other three cameras I have all seem to be fine.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation