Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ddaviddierlam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a Wasserstein solar charger about 2 yrs ago so I don't have to climb a 16' ladder to change batteries. I found instead of charging my battery, it actually discharged it. Within 2 weeks it was dead. It wasn't too much motion, just a bad product. The charger now sits somewhere in the dump. PLEASE PLEASE don't waste your money on Wasserstein junk. NOW-Somebody tell me the Arlo solar charger really works. Planning on using with a VMC2030. Who uses the solar chargers? Let's hear some good news. Thanks to you all. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I use the solar panel for one of my Ultras, and that works fine.  Though I don't get enough sun in that particular spot to keep the camera always charged - I still do need to charge it with AC from time to time.

The one for the Essential is here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories/VMA3600-10000S.html  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I use the solar panel for one of my Ultras, and that works fine.  Though I don't get enough sun in that particular spot to keep the camera always charged - I still do need to charge it with AC from time to time.

The one for the Essential is here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories/VMA3600-10000S.html  

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Similar experience, but my solar charger is switchable between a Pro 3 and the Floodlight. I also have to mains charge them from time to time.

Naturally, the Floodlight eats more juice, but it watches the backyard and isn't as active as the Pro 3, which looks at a busy lane.

Winter is, of course, less solar charger friendly.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
rogernich
Aspirant
Aspirant
My solar panel stopped charging. After cleaning a bit of rust off the contact on the panel connector it operated for a short time but quit working again. I bought a new off brand cord and it is working fine but it leaves the connection point exposed to the weather. With only a “proudly stands behind the quality of its products “ 30 day warranty, I wouldn’t recommend the approximate $90 for this panel as it’s a lousy investment.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation