Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo is not able to connect to Homekit.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Dwwhite02
Tutor
Tutor
I have updated arlo app and firmware of basestation and cameras.

Arlo is not able to connect to Homekit. When setting up it gets to "Discovering your device. Please wait." screen but just stuck there.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dwwhite02
Tutor
Tutor
16 REPLIES 16
Makemineamac
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is it possible to get a token reset? I cannot add my camera back to HomeKit.

Thanks for your help.

Andrew

sathena
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo app is stuck on 'discovering your device - please wait' when connecting to HomeKit.

Could I please get a 'token reset' which seems to have worked for other users with the same issue?

Thank you.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Dwwhite02
Tutor
Tutor
Ive reset base station but still get discovering devices and get no further.
sathena
Tutor
Tutor
Dwwhite02
Tutor
Tutor
Can you send me a token reset again also please!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dwwhite02,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Dwwhite02
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you JamesC

I was able to now setup homekit.
Kiwi_Dave
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI there; I have an identical problem. Homekit has disappeared and Homekit 'Setup' doesnt discover any devices.

All apps and firmware up to date 😞

Have power cycled Base Station as well. 

Do we still need a 'token' - if so are you able to assist?

D

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kiwi_Dave,

JamesC

azstang18
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've lost connectivity to my camera in homekit and after removing the device I'm stuck at a discovery screen trying to add it back in.  I've seen where a token needed to be reset (I have the latest app version 3.6.3) but have no idea how to get that accomplished.  I've rebooted the hub multiple times and have deleted and re-installed the app.  Any assistance is appreciated.  Thanks

azstang18
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've lost connectivity to my camera in homekit and after removing the device I'm stuck at a discovery screen trying to add it back in. I've seen where a token needed to be reset (I have the latest app version 3.6.3) but have no idea how to get that accomplished. I've rebooted the hub multiple times and have deleted and re-installed the app. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks
elemental1980
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

I have previously had a token reset sent to my base station but for some reason homekit stopped recognising my Arlo base station and cameras so had to remove it, now am having the same issue that I cannot re-add the base station to  Homekit.  Could you please send a token reset request?

Thank you!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

azstang18, elemental1980

JamesC

azstang18
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, I just got home and unplugged the base station let it sit for a few min, plugged it back in and have tried to setup homekit and it still just sits at the discovering your device screen.  

azstang18
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC, disregard my previous message.  I tried it again and got it to work. Thanks again for your help!

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation