Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Solar charger for ARLO camera doesn’t work with camera. Have another solar charger and works great

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Sbradley-53
Aspirant
Aspirant

Solar charger for ARLO camera not working but have another charger  that I use with another camera, it works great. Help it’s keeps telling me unable to charge battery, connect a compatible ARLO charger to the device to charge. I don’t know what the difference is with the solar charger 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sbradley-53 wrote:

It’s a Wasserstein panel. 

So third party, not an Arlo panel.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it's possible that the panel is faulty, it's also possible that the connectors aren't properly seated or that the panel isn't an Arlo panel (is it a 3rd party panel?). Since you have another panel that works, try swapping they around (or move the cameras) to verify that it's either the panel or the camera that has an issue.

Sbradley-53
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve tried that & it didn’t work, now the one that was working it’s working with its original camera. Very frustrating to spend the money on the solar charger that your company recommends!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

"My" company isn't - I don't work for Arlo and never have. The only Arlo employees here are identified by the Arlo avatar.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sbradley-53,

Is the Solar Panel you're using an official Arlo branded solar panel or a third-party brand?

JamesC

Sbradley-53
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it said it was . It’s a Wasserstein panel. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sbradley-53 wrote:

It’s a Wasserstein panel. 

So third party, not an Arlo panel.

Sbradley-53
Aspirant
Aspirant

After a week of receiving a new solar charger and working, all of sudden it decided to stop working. This is very frustrating it says unable to charge battery. Connect t to a compatible ARLO charger to the device to charge 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you removed and reconnected the panel connector on the camera? Is it below 32F/0C which means the battery can't be charged?

Sbradley-53
Aspirant
Aspirant

No I haven’t tried that, but I will. Thank you 

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation