Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

All cameras offline since Dec 2nd Server Incident

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SirDigby
Aspirant
Aspirant

All cameras offline. Could see that there was an issue with this a day ago in the server status incident log.

Location Australia.

As I'm away from home I have no access to cameras to troubleshoot. I can restart arlo home and its online, but all cameras are still reporting as offline. Android app or web-view show same offline.

9 REPLIES 9
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

How full were the camera batteries when the server fell over? They may have since gone flat trying to connect.

When i noticed it occurred for me I power cycled my base stations remotely using smart plugs.

SirDigby
Aspirant
Aspirant

All cameras have permanent power.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Apart from a base restart which you have already tried I have no other tricks up my sleeve until you get back to site. Maybe try the base restart button again, in case arlo has since fixed the local server.

You have an option to remove a camera from the account and try re adding it again but unlikely to work as you need to be on the same local network to add devices so not recommended.

SirDigby
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah, not a lot of options from a remote access setting. I'll keep trying a remote restart.

Have seen others comment in the past it took connection from the same network to fix it. Wondering how to in future emulate this...

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

When you get back, try removing the Ac power to each camera for a minute or two to see if the cameras will come back online. If so you may want to consider smart plugs for each.

I have these on my cameras and remotely power cycle the camera chargers to reset the cameras as well as the base stations.

SirDigby
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still troubleshooting without success.

Two have power connections,  cycled without any improvement. One i tried a synch to base which cleared the offline warning,  that is until I try to view the live stream upon which it goes offline again.

Access to mounted units to pull out batteries involves ladders.

Power cycled homebase not just a sw restart and no difference.

All I can think off is when the server incident occurred,  something else 'sticky' is a problem on my end. Tried re-authentications etc in case it's access/refresh token related. It could be something out of my control. 

Really don't want to do a full factory reset just yet.

SirDigby
Aspirant
Aspirant

Reading some other posts, was there a change serverside that has impacted older units and ability to record and interact with cloud storage without a subscription. 

Going to do some more testing in the next couple of days.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

ANything is possible but it may just be fastest to remove all devices from your account and start fresh to remove any chance of weirdnesses.

SirDigby
Aspirant
Aspirant

Played around with the home base , and one action may of brought the units back online. I pulled the ethernet cable and left it out for a while. I didn't check the DHCP assignment prior, but there is a chance it was assigned a new IP. That's about the only thing I can think of that was preventing it from working. Restarting makes no difference as typically routers assign the same IP, so I simply let the DHCP lease expire. 

How the IP of the home base relates to cameras being offline all I can logically think of is that it relates somehow to the external services that it uses for remote viewing of the camera feeds. Maybe its baked into the traffic protocols.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation