Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
makersforme
Tutor
Tutor

Can someone explain to me why each afternoon I get alerts basically every 2 minutes from this camera that alerts to a person detected.  I want to be alerted when there is an actual person in view, but why does it think either the tree or post to the gazebo is a person?

Between this and the double notification still not being fixed, I still don't understand why I still pay $10 per month for these "features"

1623088627583.jpg

13 REPLIES 13
makersforme
Tutor
Tutor

1623088627583.jpg

makersforme
Tutor
Tutor

No idea why I can't see the photos I have uploaded.

makersforme
Tutor
Tutor

Trying as an attachment

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @makersforme

You can try toggling off "people" under the Smart Notifications for that camera. You can also try to reboot the base station ore reboot the camera by removing/Re-inserting the battery. Which version of the Arlo app are you using?

makersforme
Tutor
Tutor

App version is 3.2 (2202)

I restarted the base station and the camera just now.

Will report back if it continues.

makersforme
Tutor
Tutor

No change.  Next alert was for a person at the back door.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried removing & re-adding the camera to your base station recently?

makersforme
Tutor
Tutor
Did that yesterday as well made no difference. It doesn’t happen all the time. Just once the shadows change in the afternoon. There is nothing in that screenshot that should be confused as a person.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Dannybear
Master
Master
The reason for the photos not being displayed is that they have to be vetted first which can take a few days.

The ir detection can occur due to sunlight reflecting from glass or metal surfaces when the sun gets to the right angle, then cloud can cause sudden changes that add to it.
The person detection could be the sun umbrella with the banded colour that looks like a shirt.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Dannybear  I was thinking the same thing especially if even a slight breeze causes a slight movement. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Additionally, you can try adjusting the sensitivity to a value of 1% and work your way up to see if you can achieve the desired result. You might also want to try various locations for the camera or setting a zone for the area that is triggering the alerts. 

Exec57
Aspirant
Aspirant

Your camera is detecting the shadows of the trees moving. I have the same issue. N o fix in the works

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation