Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Record for a fixed amount of time is not working

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have 4 Arlo pro two cameras. Three are always powered with AC power one is on battery power.

I have the cameras set to record for 2 minutes if motion is detected. Only the camera operating under battery power records for two minutes. The three connected to AC power only record for about 14 seconds. When I unplug the AC wire, and have those three run directly under battery, they go back to recording for two minutes.

Also when I unplug those three cameras, if I let the battery percentage drop below 100% and plug them back in, they will record for two minutes but once the batteries charge back to 100%, they will stop recording for two minutes and go back to 13 to 15 second recordings.

If I download those 13 to 15 second clips from the cloud, and view them on my iPhone, There will be 13 to 15 seconds of video and then blackness for the remaining two minutes but the audio continues. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Beef
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here tried everything different power cables,different locations,ac filters,different cameras full factory reset and still the same.
Tried customer support yesterday 2hours of talking me through things I had already done.
Arlo know about this if you search arlo pro 2 freezing it’s all over these forums for years.
There’s another thread below.
I know it doesn’t help but I think we are stuck with a below par product.
https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/About-1-3-of-recordings-play-about-10-seconds-and-video-fre...

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice

Odd thing is it only happens when my cameras are at 100% and under AC power.

If they are on battery power OR AC power but below 100%, it doesn’t happen.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation