Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Receiving notifications when sensitivity is low. Tried using camera positioning & motion test.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GaryVerholtz
Follower
Follower

Having issues with my Arlo Pro 2 Cameras. After connecting them to my base station and then setting them up in the area I want. I then set camera positioning and then motion detection test and then go to mode and for each camera set the motion sensitivity. Setting it low and I still get notifications that something has set off the camera. Questions ! 1- under device info I see that all my camera's have a different hardware number like H6, H7 and so on what is the difference. 2- Some of my Arlo Pro 2 camera's will let me set a activity zone and others won't and those that will let me ask for them to be connected to A/C. 3- Does the A/C have to be connected or can you use the solar power. 4- And how do I stop getting all the notifications when I have set the motion sensitivity low. One is picking up a car that is 60 ft behind the area that I have set on one activity zone

1 REPLY 1
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@GaryVerholtz wrote:

Does the A/C have to be connected or can you use the solar power.

Solar power is not a substitute for mains power. Solar panels recharge the batteries. They do not enable facilities, such as zones, that need always on power.

@GaryVerholtz wrote:

And how do I stop getting all the notifications when I have set the motion sensitivity low. One is picking up a car that is 60 ft behind the area that I have set on one activity zone

Without knowing how you have set this up, it is impossible to diagnose what is happening.

Some people assume that they can set things based on the camera in question, in Video Settings for example. In reality, you have to set things like motion sensitivity in the rules that you are using to set up these alerts.

What are modes and rules and how does Arlo use them?

Of course, whatever your rules and settings, you have to be careful to position tour cameras in a way that covers the area you want to monitor rather than the whole planet. Rules can reduce mishits, but they are not perfect.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation