Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
skmiller
Aspirant
Aspirant

The hardware is all working fine, but there doesn't seem to be a forum just for app assistance, so I'm posting here. The Android app is no longer sending notifications of any kind to my phone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have cleared the data and storage for the app. I have verified that notifications are turned on. I don't know what else to try. I do know that without the ability to monitor the system via push notifications, it's not particularly useful. 

App version: 2.7.2_25500

Android version: 9. With security patch level dated February 5, 2019

Hardware: Pixel 2  (Model G-2PW4100)

Current notification settings: 

Show Notifications: ON

Always Listening: ON [checked]

Behavior: Make Sound

Advanced: 

Sound: Trill

Vibrate: off

On lock screen: Show all notification content

Show notification dot: ON

Override Do Not Disturb: ON

Notifications: ON [checked]

Behavior: Make Sound and pop on screen

Advanced: 

Sound: Trill

Vibrate: off

On lock screen: Show all notification content

Show notification dot: ON

Override Do Not Disturb: ON

Allow notification dot: ON

Please provide any useful information (meaning don't tell me to do something I've already done) that might solve this problem. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Are you logged in with your grant access account? Try to have him revoke your grant access and add it back on to see if that helps.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @skmiller,

Try to make sure through the Arlo app that you have mobile push notifications turned on. You can read more here: Why am I not getting Arlo notifications on my Android or iOS device?

skmiller
Aspirant
Aspirant

As you can see from my lengthly descritpion above, I've done that. I even showed you exactly what specific things were turned on or off. 

skmiller
Aspirant
Aspirant

If this helps with troubleshooting, I've gotten a few random notices in the last 24 hours. Last night, I got a push notification from one camera activation. Unfortunately, it pushed it three times. The same thing happened this morning twice (which is far fewer times than the cameras actually activated). 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try to follow this suggestion that pc2k17 mentioned here and see if that helps: Multiple Audible Notifications for Single Event. Let me know if the problem is still not resolved after trying the suggested solution.

skmiller
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just tried that solution (though I have a very different version of Android). It didn't fix the "no push notifications at all" problem, so I don't yet know if it fixed the triple notification. I'll have to wait and see any any random pushes come through. I'd rather fix the "no pushes" problem than the "multiple notices" problem. 

skmiller
Aspirant
Aspirant

Another update: the multiple notifications on the same event problem was fixed used the method in the linked post. The lack of push notifications was now though. I got one randomly and it only dinged once. There should have been several other activations in that same time period. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Do you have more than one Arlo camera? Are you having this problem with all cameras that you have linked or a specific camera?

skmiller
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have 8 cameras on 2 hubs. The problem is on almost all of the cameras. Just for further troubleshooting, my husband has the exact same phone and is having zero issues. He's getting notices from all 8 cameras on both hubs. I am periodically getting notices from just one of those cameras. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Are you logged in with your grant access account? Try to have him revoke your grant access and add it back on to see if that helps.

skmiller
Aspirant
Aspirant

we did this once already, but doing it a second time solved the issue. Or at least appears to have. 

AdventureRobin
Initiate
Initiate
Once I allowed Arlo app to access my phone calls the notifications started working again. When I installed the app for the first time I clicked deny. No notifications. I uninstalled and reinstalled then clicked allow. Seems to be working fine.
Fj962
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks AdventureRobin !! .... I had the same problem ... all fixed now

Chipper-arlo01
Aspirant
Aspirant

My push notifications aren't working on my phone, I am getting the emails

If I was to uninstall the app and re-install, do I loose all the information about the two accounts that I have?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No. Nothing is stored on the phone - it's all in your account on the servers.

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

@AdventureRobin wrote:
Once I allowed Arlo app to access my phone calls the notifications started working again. When I installed the app for the first time I clicked deny. No notifications. I uninstalled and reinstalled then clicked allow. Seems to be working fine.

I’m wondering what that is all about (allowing Arlo to manage your phone and making calls???), I too did not allow that and I no longer get notifications. How stupid is that, why would that choice be forced onto users?

Why would I allow that, (not using Arlo doorbell) what do camera notifications have to do with making/managing my calls?

It’s just ridiculous, I will have to live without Arlo notifications I guess, slight problem but only until I replace all the cameras with a different brand. Working on that, sick and tired of this sh$&*#t. Never in my lifetime have I ever come across of a fkd&#$& up company, messing up with their products, like this one.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation