Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Aldawgs
Initiate
Initiate

Hello, I am in need of some assistance on how to resolve this.

We suspect the hooligans next door where attempting to rob my back shed and have watered down the camera in an attempt to stop the IR from working as intended, it didn't since it alerted us straight away, that been said is there a way around this apart from enclosing the cage?

I am going to be installing an illuminator to help increase the IR issue but in the meantime, how would you protect yourself from spray paint or water in this case. 

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You really can't , unless you got a big dog 🙂

Or maybe add a covert camera near by to assist in catching the people without IR on and the IR from the main camera would illuminate too

But yes, the IR is reflecting off the cage and washing out the pic a bit.... external IR would help this.

Or use external lighting and with a Q camera you can detect motion thru glass windows at night quite well

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Aldawgs
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you TomMac for your suggestions.

I will be taking and using some of your recommended suggestions.

I personally did not know that the Q had the capabilities of picking up motion detection through glass, and this linked up with the external lighting, sounds like a game changer.

Thank you.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q camera uses Pixel change ( whn the view changes ) not a pir like the other cameras...so it allows you to view and detect motion at a farther distance AND thru glass.

Here's a pic from a Q camera ( up against glass ) looking thru andersen double pane window at night, only two external lights

Capturelight.JPG

Capture.JPG

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation