Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
CaptainSid
Follower
Follower

Hi,

Purchased at Costco a couple of weeks ago and generally like the system. However, for the life of me I cannot find an SD slot or USB slot anywhere on the cams or base. The base is the VBM3500 model. How do I record locally with this setup?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CaptainSid wrote:

I cannot find an SD slot or USB slot anywhere on the cams or base. The base is the VBM3500 model.  How do I record locally with this setup?

You can't.  The VMB3500 is an entry-level base that unfortunately doesn't include local storage.

If you need that feature, then you'll need to return the kit to CostCo and get their more expensive version that has the VMB4000 base.  Or alternatively purchase a separate base (about $70 at Amazon US at the moment).

Today local storage is only a backup, though of course in the future that might change.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CaptainSid wrote:

I cannot find an SD slot or USB slot anywhere on the cams or base. The base is the VBM3500 model.  How do I record locally with this setup?

You can't.  The VMB3500 is an entry-level base that unfortunately doesn't include local storage.

If you need that feature, then you'll need to return the kit to CostCo and get their more expensive version that has the VMB4000 base.  Or alternatively purchase a separate base (about $70 at Amazon US at the moment).

Today local storage is only a backup, though of course in the future that might change.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @CaptainSid

The VMB4000 Base Station is compatible with the SD cards. This base supports the local storage feature. You can find more information regarding this base station here - Base Station for Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation