Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can you adjust the time between re-triggering motion?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
stegmo2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can the retrigger time be adjusted between motion. i am not picking up all crosses

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @stegmo2

Unfortunately, there is not a setting to adjust the between trigger time. Can you provide some insight regarding your settings for record time? 

We might possibly be able to help the delay by changing the record time settings (if your recordings appear too long).

stegmo2
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have 3 cameras on 2 base stations. all have good signal to base station. my problem is it takes a while before it resets and does another video. is this normal. 2 cameras have 10 second record time and other 1 has 15 seconds of record time. i think they all record until motion stops.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What is the recording time you have the cameras set to?

stegmo2
Aspirant
Aspirant

see above. all cameras are set from 10 to 15 seconds.= with records til motion stops

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You shouldn't be able to set the record until activity stops & fixed length at the same time. These features are independent from each other.

How long is the between recording time you are experiencing?

Have you tried to reboot your cameras & test again?

Jintek
Guide
Guide

I have my camera set to Record until motion stops, so it can go up to 300 seconds, which thankfully never does, usually my range is between 15 -30 seconds each recording.  However, I can get up to three recordings within the same minute, which is pretty good as I do not miss any action.  However, the eal issue is that there shouldn't be three seperate recordings within the same minute, as this is considered continuous motion, so my cameras should really just record one big segment of video.  Instead of having it broken down into three, which indicates I will miss some action in between the breaks, which like I said, thank fully isn't too long. 

There are times where my camera only captures 15 seconds and then stops recording.  My camera is not consisten with it's recording action.  I don't want to have to set my camera to record to a specific ammount of time.  Because I would prefer that the entire action be recorded just inase it goes over the 120 seconds limted set time.

The reason why I keep the camera on record until motion stops is because I am very satisfied with the solar panel, it's really keeping my camera charged to 100%.  I receive around 350+ notifications aday, and by the end of the day my camera is usually 100%, charged.

stegmo2
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo system has 3 cameras in different areas on 1 base station. If camera 1 senses motion and records for 15 seconds and camera 2 senses motion during the same time camera 1 is recording it will not record or miss the trip for a certain amount of time. almost like it can only record one trip at a time..... is this normal?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation