Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Frankarlo
Star
Star

My pro 2 is always connected to power via the USB AC/DC power adapter that come with it. I have it looking at our driveway with the entrance door to our house. It also sees the street in front of our house.

I first set it up with 2 zones just covering my driveway and the house. But it still detected cars driving by on the street in front of the house sometimes. And not always picking up movement inside the zones, someone can walk up to the house and open the door and enter the house without and record of that it happend.

zones.JPG  

I then removed all zones in the camera settings (so it should trigger on the complete picture) but it still don't pick up all the motion from the entrance door, and only spodaric from the street. Maybe 2 out of 10 cars driving by is registred.

no zones.JPG

Sensitivity is set to 80%

Any hints on what I can try or what can be wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Frankarlo,

It looks like the first door in your path may be outside the detection range of the cameras. How far away is that door from the cameras position? This could be why the camera is not picking up motion even though that area is within the detection zone.

JamesC

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
steve_t
Master Master
Master

It's a hard location. The vehicles in the street may throw IR reflection into the zones. The sensitivity may be too low for detecting people. I'd start by angling the camera down more. Reinstate the zones. Set the rule to 100% motion sensitivity and drop it as you get false alerts. Hopefully the regular false alerts will stop around 85-94% but you'll still get the odd large vehicle

Frankarlo
Star
Star

I reinstated the zones yesterday and set the sensitivity to 100%. I can still walk from the street to the first door and open it, then continue to walk to the door closest to the camera wihout any motion is detected. It's only at the closest door it picks up motion.

Capture.JPG

I will try to reposition the camera so it sits at a greater angle towards the doors (move the camere closer to the street) and see if it makes any difference.

RubyGirl71
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have also experienced many detection issues over the last week and a half or so. I have 4 cameras that face my street at different agles, all with no obstruction. They all show that they are receiving signal. Sometimes only one or two of the 4 seem to pick up movement and they randomly all stop detecting movement and recording. I have had to reset my base station 3 times in the last week to try and circumvent the problem. Many of my issues started after upgrading my subscription. I don't know if there is any correlation, but this is just not right. Why could this be happening???

RubyGirl71
Aspirant
Aspirant

After upgrading my subscription to premium, I noticed that my videos looked and responded quite differently. It is extremely touchy! It used to be possible to zoom in and pan around to view objects more closely within the video with ease. If you do this now, it constanlty restarts the video OR it freezes the entire video and you cannot pan around at all. I have to close the video and access it again... each time it freezes! This is extremely frustrating, especially when there is also a big play/pause button in the middle of the video and you need to see what is behind it! There used to be a play/pause button below the video that made it easier to pause and view your videos. NOT a good idea enable this function on the video screen itself. What used to only take a few seconds to zoom in on objects, in my case vehicles passing in front of my house, now can take nearly a minute! If you have several videos, this becomes quite time consuming. Please fix the Mobile App (for Apple) !!!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Frankarlo,

It looks like the first door in your path may be outside the detection range of the cameras. How far away is that door from the cameras position? This could be why the camera is not picking up motion even though that area is within the detection zone.

JamesC

Frankarlo
Star
Star
Had no idea about the detection range, what is it in meters?

Anyway I moved the camera to a new position which works much better.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

25 feet/8 meters is about the max for people detection.

Frankarlo
Star
Star
Ok thanks good to know.
SuicideKing
Guide
Guide
That's funny my cameras pick up cars and people way out of that range. Well over one hundred feet.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The cameras may pick up motion beyond their intended range (especially things with a large IR signature, such as a car) but the performance is likely to be inconsistent at best. This is why for best performance, we advise placing the cameras in areas where desired motion capture will occur within the limits of the cameras range.

Jamesc

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation