Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
sgibbers17
Apprentice
Apprentice
I just opened my Arlo app and found that I have not had any recordings for the last 2 days and I found out that for some reason it was disarmed. I did not disarm it. Is there a way to find out how it was disarmed like what device was used and what time? I don't think that my wife would disarm it, I don't think she knows that you can. If there is now log kept maybe there should be including user, device, and time. There should also be a notification or email to the account holder when it is disarmed or mode change. Ring has a log that does this.
12 REPLIES 12
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There is no user available log to check.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
sgibbers17
Apprentice
Apprentice
Then there should be.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support - they have access to the logs:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Lowen
Tutor
Tutor

5 months since last post on this thread, but I have same problem with mode switching to Disarmed at midnight.   In Schedule mode, I have 1 custom mode “Day” and 1 “canned” mode “Armed”.  The Armed mode is initially set 12:00 AM - 06:59 AM...Day mode runs “07:00 AM - 8:59 PM...Armed mode then is set again from 9:00 PM - 11:59 PM .  Mode sets to Day just fine and also to Armed at 9 PM.  However, at midnight when there is a 1 minute (11:59P-12:00A) gap as the day rolls over, the mode switches to Disarmed.  The 1 minute gap between Armed and Day (06:59A-0:700A) doesn’t seem to cause a problem when switching to Day mode, so any idea why it would disarm at midnight?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd start by removing the existing schedule and recreate it.

BTW, testing would be needed to see if the "gap" between 11:59PM and 12:00AM is disarmed. AT one time it wasn't but for a while Arlo allowed 12:00AM to be used for both stop and start times which was required to keep the cameras armed. I haven't tested to see how the current strategy works.

Lowen
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks.   I recreated the schedule and created a custom mode (Night) with the same attributes as the canned Armed mode and inserted it into schedule.  I was unable to change end time from 11:59 PM to 12:00AM to eliminate the 1 minute gap at end of day as it perceives the end time to precede the start time.  Will see if that works.   If not, I’ll attempt the “unplug, wait 1 minute, restart, reprogram” suggestion from Arlo Support tech although that is a less appealing remedy as it implies there is a system deficiency that needs fixed and will need to be repeated every time the unwanted Disarm feature occurs.   As Albert Einstein supposedly said, doing so repeatedly and expecting different results is the definition of insanity...

Again, thanks for the information and quick reply.

Lowen
Tutor
Tutor

Well midnight just passed and Arlo Pro 2 just Disarmed itself.  It was in Night mode until 11:59 PM and was supposed to remain in Night mode when day rolled over at 12:00 AM.  At 11:59 PM, the System was in Night.  At 12:00 AM, the system remained in Night for about 30 seconds and switched to Disarmed.    I again removed the entire schedule and recreated it (for the second time today)...When the schedule is 1200AM-659AM (Night); 700AM-859PM (Day); 900PM-1159PM (Night) and the current time is 100AM, the mode switches to Disarmed.  It should be in Night.   If I replace the scheduled Night mode segment from 900PM-1159PM with Armed, the system correctly goes back to Night.  Buy why? It’s now 1:25 AM so why is the schedule sensitive to the mode that is scheduled to come in at 9PM?  It seems as if it doesn’t like the same mode to appear in the schedule at 2 different times in the day (Night, then Day, then back to Night).  It does seem to be ok with 3 different modes in the same day (Night, then Day, then Armed).  So, I’m going to rename Night to PM-Night and create a new identical mode AM-Night.  I’ll rebuild the schedule with AM-Night, then Day, then PM-Night to see if this silliness is necessary...Any better suggestions would be appreciated....

I purchased Arlo as a home security aide, not a toy....i want to use it, not play with it...so if their system is this brittle, I may need to look elsewhere....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No idea why Armed works (remains active after midnight) but Night doesn't. To save time, I'd suggest two things:

1) Reset the whole system and start fresh. Obviously something is wrong and this may clear it out.

2) Open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Lowen
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks...before resetting everything I wanted to run past midnight with the new schedule I created this time yesterday:  AM-Night, then Day, then PM-Night (note that AM-Night and PM-Night are identical except in their name).   It just turned midnight and the mode correctly rolled from PM-Night to AM-Night at 12:00AM.    It did not Disarm.   I briefly edited the schedule so that tonight’s PM-Night mode was replaced with AM-Night (so today’s schedule is AM-Night, then Day, then AM-Night again).   As soon as I made that change the system mode switched to Disarmed.  Edited Schedule back to AM-Night, then Day, then PM-Night and the system mode correctly went back to AM-Night.  If I use a mode at the end of the day that then is used again at the start of next day, the system always switches to Disarmed when the day rolls over at 12:00AM.  I edited the scheduled several more times and the behavior is repeatable.    For some reason, it does not like to end the day in a mode and start the next day in the same mode.    It freaks out and Disarms.   It is, however, very content to switch from one mode at end of the day to a differently named mode at 12:00 AM.   What will take a little more testing is whether it just doesn’t like to start a day in a mode that is later repeated anytime during the day (i.e., 2 instances of same mode anytime within the 24 hours from 12:00AM to 11:59PM.).   I’ll try that in the morning and then reset everything as you suggest and see if the behavior changes...if it doesn’t,  I’ll call support and create a case since having to start the next day in a different mode from the one that ended the previous day seems like an unnecessary limitation.   Again, thanks for your help and suggestions.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's truly weird. I use the same mode for before and after midnight with no issues. Certainly the mode could be corrupt somehow but I'd suspect the base having an issue.

Lowen
Tutor
Tutor

Reset everything and recreated a new schedule yesterday but the behavior persists.   It occurs only at the midnight transition to the next day.  I can have the same custom mode scheduled at various places throughout the day and it will correctly switch modes.   For example, a schedule with multiple instance of custom modes “In” and “Out” (e.g., Night, then Out, then In, then Out, then In) works fine.  It doesn’t mind that there are multiple In and Out instances and the system makes each transition correctly.  At midnight, however, if there are 2 instances of the first mode in the new day’s schedule at anytime during that day (e.g., Night, then Day, then Night), the system switches to Disarmed.   For me, the workaround is to use a uniquely named mode at the start of the day (e.g., AM-Night, Day, PM-Night).  The system makes the midnight transition seamlessly to AM-Night and does not disarm.  Why?  I have no clue.   I’ll call support and request they open a case.  Meanwhile, the workaround will do.

Again, thanks for the help.

Lowen
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo Support Case is open.   I tried to submit a description and screen grabs of the problem in response to Arlo Support’s follow up email, the web reply fails (see attached response).   I used adjusted time zones to recreate the midnight transition failures occur repeatedly as described in my earlier posts.  System resets, time zone changes, new custom modes, new schedules do not change the outcome.  The system always disarms itself at midnight if I have a schedule with the mode beginning at midnight being the same as the mode at the end of the day.  If I have uniquely named modes in the schedule (only 1 instance of all modes in a day), the the system switches modes correctly at midnight and does not disarm.  I’ll try again to get my screen captures to support so they can look into it.  

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation