Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 35 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
Schmidts
Tutor
Tutor
As of a couple of weeks back, whenever I open the Arlo app on Android, iOS or a web browser, none of my cameras show a snapshot of the last event. They will only show a snapshot of the last time I used them for live viewing. The cameras all record to the cloud and local storage just fine and footage is in the library. Does anyone have experience fixing this? Restarting the hub didn't help.
35 REPLIES 35
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo mobile app is installed on your Android/iOS devices? 

Schmidts
Tutor
Tutor
I'm current on both apps. 3.6.4 is the one for Android.

It looks like the snapshot will update if there is active action while in the app. However, if I restart the app, the snapshot rolls back to the last live viewing.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is it possible to provide a screenshot of the thumbnail presenting the issue? before you update it via live streaming?

Thanks 

Schmidts
Tutor
Tutor
Sure, see attached. You can see that the top 2 cameras were last accessed live a day ago and the bottom one 5 days ago. There have also been numerous events since then that should have updated the snapshots.
Screenshot_20220516-110246.png
ICC2
Guide
Guide

Camera thumbnails (from the cloud) are not of the most recent video.

They can show anywhere from 1 day to 23 days in the past.

This has started happening since the April 2022 app update but also happens viewing the cameras on the web.

If you are on the app or on the web and a video is recorded, the thumbnail changes to that of the most recent video.

However, if you close the app reopen/login, the thumbnail is no longer of the recent video and references one from the past (again from 24 hours to 23 days).

Example: camera recorded an incident at 4:08 p.m.

Thumbnail shows video from 8 days ago (yes it indicates number of events since you last opened the app).

App:  3.6.4_28451  Release 4/22/22

Phone:  Galaxy S7 running Android 8.

Dannybear
Master
Master
There have been posts reporting similar issues. If you have a subscription you can contact arlo support via the arlo app. If not you will need to wait for a paying customer to raise a fault case before it can be looked at.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you update to the latest version of the Arlo app v3.6.6 and test again?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue with the latest version of the Arlo app & web?

Szemajor
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm using v3.6.6_28456. The thumbnails of the cameras setup in my acct are working properly. However the thumbnails of the cameras shared with my acct are having issues. Please advice.
ICC2
Guide
Guide

Currently running 3.6.6_28456

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

No resolution to issue.

ICC2
Guide
Guide

Did followup testing.

The issue appears to be the same as Szemajor,  camera on the account update but shared cameras do  not.

All was working as expected prior to the May 19, 2022 update to the app.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update 

Yoshiwars
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm not the OP but I too am having this issue.
I have the VMB4000r3 base station.
Using Android with version 3.6.6_28456 of the Arlo app.
Arlo_Help_Me
Tutor
Tutor

I have been experiencing the exact same thing for a months now. Also using Android with version 3.6.6_28456 of the Arlo app. 

All devices experiencing the same issue, so it is not device related.  So mt guess is that some update has caused this in the past.

I am also disappointed that my first time in trying to sort out an issue, that I cannot contact support, but only a community.

So hopefully Arlo can advise why my app preview images have stopped working soon....as if not... time to bin them and go with another vendor.

This issue is not unique and so far the support from Arlo themselves which I have seen on this thread is so basic and not helpful. As in, what very are you running and try updating to the latest version. When it is the latest version, as mine always is, it is just noted.

Please Arlo, this is a basic initial screenshot of the first image of a motion alert on an app. Easy to check and validate.

There must be an easy fix which can be applied to the next update as otherwise my alerts of movement are useless until I wait until the recording has stopped to then view ... no good .. too late. Or interrupt the recording and go live stream ....also no good. I required my preview image back please.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you seeing this issue with a granted access account or primary account? 

Schmidts
Tutor
Tutor
I see it with on both primary and shared devices and accounts.
Arlo_Help_Me
Tutor
Tutor

Seeing it on both.

I also have two base stations and multiple cameras .. and it is occurring across both.

OS is Android.

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
My Arlo Ultra cams started doing this a month or so ago - after an arlo firmware update. It occurs on Android, ios and arlo web as well. I only reported this today because I knew others would eventually report it, which I see has been happening. I had to answer all the basic questions even though Arlo already knew this was an issue. My system had been running well for a year plus but I see that Arlo still releases new updates without fully testing them. I'm just waiting for this to get fixed. Good luck to all the other users.
Arlo_Help_Me
Tutor
Tutor

Mine started doing this many months ago now and with each update it is never fixed. I have two base stations and 9 cams and an Arlo Baby cam....my first posts here as support appears to be non existent unless you pay more for those services.

I have little patience and I expect this not to be resolved any time soon which is my key indicator I use for my security cameras. So Arlo, you choice as more people will read all these issues and simply no longer buy your products if you cannot fix things which were broken by yourself in the first instance when it was working fine.

So I will give one week more then end of financial year deals on now for other vendors which I believe will provide better support.

Lift your game Arlo ... otherwise it is not only those that own the product who will move on, but then word of mouth and recommendations to not buy due to issues being introduced and not resolved in a timely manner from personal experiences will ultimately destroy the brand.

You guys seriously have rendered all my cameras useless and this is the one key feature I relied upon for a quick glance of what triggered the camera(s).

Fix it soon please...

Arlo_Help_Me
Tutor
Tutor

There was also a recent update again....I was hopeful ...but...unfortunately it again did not fix the issue.

Focus appears to be on new products and features for new users.

Customer service is about looking after your existing customers too! ... last update I have seen in here from a moderator is about which cameras does it happen too. Again, all.

So simple questions,:

1. Do Arlo devs know what has caused this?

2. If no to the above after many months of this issue ... it is a real concern.

3. If yes to point 1, then when can we expect a real working fix?

Please answer

claywalker2000
Tutor
Tutor

My sibling has shared her cameras with me and they are the Pro 4, Pro 3 floodlight and Pro 2 cameras. In my arlo app (android) all of the shared cameras under "devices" show an activity screenshot that is old. So the cameras will say 31d ago, 65d ago, 24d ago, etc... However, my personal cameras in my devices list show current activity on their screen shot. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have tried removing the permissions and re-adding but no luck. Hope this makes sense and I appreciate any help on how to fix.

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Any luck with your issue?  I've had an open ticket on this, and others have reported similar issues.  The moderators say Arlo is aware of it, but nothing is getting done from what I see.

claywalker2000
Tutor
Tutor

Still no luck on my end.

Discussion stats
  • 35 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation