Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Preview Snapshots Not Updating

Discussion stats
  • 35 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
Schmidts
Tutor
Tutor
As of a couple of weeks back, whenever I open the Arlo app on Android, iOS or a web browser, none of my cameras show a snapshot of the last event. They will only show a snapshot of the last time I used them for live viewing. The cameras all record to the cloud and local storage just fine and footage is in the library. Does anyone have experience fixing this? Restarting the hub didn't help.
35 REPLIES 35
Arlo_Help_Me
Tutor
Tutor

Still no luck either....very frustrating.

So I am now actively looking at other camera solutions as I have 2 base stations and 10 cameras.

If a key feature I heavily rely upon (one of the most important features for me personally) does not work and impacts my security needs, and takes this long to resolve with no ETA for resolution, then unfortunately I guess it is time to move on to another solution.

Very unfortunate

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Arlo_Help_Me

Received, Thank you 

Arlo_Help_Me
Tutor
Tutor

Hi there, it has been a couple of months since logs sent. Is there any update to share please?

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Sadly the issue still exists.

CtK4949
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow, it's been 5 months and this issue is still not fixed?!?! It worked before, not sure what has changed since it last worked.

Please fix, it's annoying opening and seeing. It's been days since the snapshot has been updated. 

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've had a ticket in for months on this, first reported it in June.  I was interviewed by an engineer, spent hours troubleshooting, provided logs and screenshots but the problem remains.  The only thing I've been getting is an email about once every week or so that says Arlo Engineering is still working on the problem.   Of all the problems I've had with Arlo over the years, this has been active for the longest.  (Sigh...)

HazzMatt2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Greetings!  When is the last time folks with the old preview/snapshots have checked.  There are several threads about this and I reported in one of the other ones a couple days ago that it appears to have been fixed.  Arlo says they are still working on it but I'm not aware of any specific proclamation that they've declared it to be officially fixed.  Good Luck!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is anyone still experiencing this issue?

Zzzzzzzzzz2
Aspirant
Aspirant

@HazzMatt2 

Are you Pro 2 cameras still showing the last active image?

@ShayneS 

With the last update for Androids from December, my Pro 2's at first seemed be showing the last image. But then I noticed that the screenshots would then turn black within less than a day. I would prefer an very old image to a black screen. So, it doesn't seem to be fixed for all Pro 2s and seems to have gotten worse.

@Zzzzzzzzzz

Schmidts
Tutor
Tutor

Mine appears to be fixed now.  I'm still dubious given how long this problem existed but fingers crossed that it stays fixed.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the updates. 

Discussion stats
  • 35 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation