Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pixelated images for Pro 2. Tried changing picture settings and lighting.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
mass380
Tutor
Tutor

Bought this at Costco few weeks ago. I CAN'T believed the images are so poor for 1080p. Most of the pictures are either blurry or pixelated (see sample picture)
The base model is not listed in the drop down selection:
VMB3500r4 base
F/W 1.12.2.4_2773
Camera F/W 1.125.8.0_19174
All my camers have strong signal with at least 20mbps speed.

I have tried various pictures settings and lighting with no avail. Tried calling tech support and online chat, both I waited over 30 minutes and not able to connect to anyone.
I thought I can try this forum for help and hope to get some guidance to fix this before I return the unit back to Costco.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

Hi

is that a live view picture or a still from a recorded event?

are you noticing a pulse effect ?

Arlo have had a few issues and to be fair I noticed the stuttering has been solved and it’s all down to their cloud service but not always.

i take it you have gone through all the trouble shooting methods ie rebooting and removing battery in camera and and so on as described under their trouble shooting guides.

make sure there is no interference to the signal, phones, microwaves and so on as interference can degrade performance. 
also check to insure if you use any type of QoS on your router that this is not limiting the performance.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

Hi

is that a live view picture or a still from a recorded event?

are you noticing a pulse effect ?

Arlo have had a few issues and to be fair I noticed the stuttering has been solved and it’s all down to their cloud service but not always.

i take it you have gone through all the trouble shooting methods ie rebooting and removing battery in camera and and so on as described under their trouble shooting guides.

make sure there is no interference to the signal, phones, microwaves and so on as interference can degrade performance. 
also check to insure if you use any type of QoS on your router that this is not limiting the performance.

mass380
Tutor
Tutor
#NewfieDrool- the image is from a video fee, it an exactly image. The video fee is not choppy, all the cameras (3) are behaving the same. Zoom in license plate (car park on driveway) is a blurry, can make out the numbers.
Have tried the followings:
Video quality settings
Brightness setting
Power reset (base and camera)
Latest F/W update as posted on the original forum.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Pulsing is common from the compression... off of a key frame and then what changes is the issue...then the key frame starts again

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mass380
Tutor
Tutor
Correction - mistyped
"can't make out the numbers".
NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

I’m not sure what to suggest to be honest. Mines pretty clear in the day but it seems issues are not always across the board so some people suffer while others don’t.

perhaps there’s a fault in the system and the only way to test that is to request a replacement and depending where you are there are different routes. 
here in the U.K. I would contact the retailer that I purchased it from. 
there’s always going to be faulty equipment, the old company I worked for had a 2% return of faulty equipment so you might just be unlucky and have a fault in the hardware.

mass380
Tutor
Tutor
#TomMac-
I don't understand how your posting would help me fix my problem
mass380
Tutor
Tutor
#NewfieDrool
I think the unit (base) is the cheap version made for Costco because it is not listed on Arlo's product list. It is defective, no problem either exhange or return to Costco.
Thanks for your comments.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation