Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wifi Strength

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Arlamb
Follower
Follower
So I have the Arlo Pro 2 connected and 3/4 cameras have weak signal. I know they say place it within 300 ft which I feel they are but still weak. Unfortunately, my router is in the back corner closet of my house. I have the Lynksys Velop system but don’t know if I can hook up to that as it’s not a router. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to how to improve my WiFi connection to 3 bars...thank you for your help in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arlamb wrote:
I have the Lynksys Velop system but don’t know if I can hook up to that as it’s not a router. 

You can connect it to an ethernet port on one of the Velop satellites.

You can also get a pair of powerline network adapters, which would let you put the base station in other locations.  The Netgear PLP2000 or PLP1200 would work for this (as would other similar products).  

Jintek
Guide
Guide
I got my Arlo Pro2 bundle from Costco. I was concerned that my router being placed in the back corner of the house would cause issue. I purchased Google Wifi to create a mesh network not only expand the WiFi coverage of my home but also because each satellite hub has two Ethernet ports on the back. I connected my Arlo base station to a satellite hub in the front of the house where my cameras are set up. It’s like connecting directly to the router with no loss of speed. This cost me $300 for four Google WiFi hubs each covering 3000 square feet. I’m sure u can find a cheaper mesh system, or WiFi extender one you plug into your outlet. Hope this helps.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation