Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing grayed out for primary account after 2.9.2_25930 update (9/23/19 release)

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
wsuvprof
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I updated to the newest Arlo app to v2.9.2_25930 (released 9/23/19), geofencing became unavailable to the primary account.  Log in from phone does not show Geofencing option (location access is enabled).  Log in from website shows geofencing option greyed out.  This is with no shared access granted to any other user. 

When access is granted to a second user, that user has the geofencing option available from both the phone and website.  Looking at my devices from the secondary account shows 1) before secondary phone is granted access, no devices are listed on the secondary account; 2) when access is granted to a secondary account, the devices are listed as "shared."

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on both phones - including phone restart, clearing cache, forcing stops, etc.  Reset the base station.  Removed the secondary account after clearing cache and removing app from secondary phone.  Then sent new permissions and reinstalled app on secondary phone.

Anyone have other ideas how to get the app to shift geofencing control to the primary account?

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi wsuvprof,

When you mean Geofencing is greyed out for primary account, are you saying you're unable to edit Geofencing? Could you provide a screenshot that shows this on the primary account that it's greyed out?

wsuvprof
Aspirant
Aspirant

See attached pdf for screen shot of webpage view.  It is not possible to click on or edit Geofencing.  Geofencing does not appear on the cell app for the primary phone.  Geofencing is listed as a mode option for the call app on the secondary phone.

wsuvprof
Aspirant
Aspirant

Attached is the cell app screen shot from the primary phone.  As you can see, no geofencing option listed.

Screenshot_2019-09-26-16-09-03[1].jpg

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for providing the screenshot. For the primary phone, is that user the main Arlo account holder or a grant access user?

wsuvprof
Aspirant
Aspirant

main account holder.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

And that is the Android app, just to be clear for all viewers.

wsuvprof
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it is the Android app.  Also just a reminder that geofencing does not appear on the Android App even when no one has been granted access and app has been reinstalled after phone restart.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for confirming. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation