Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Phone says system is offline. Reopened and says online. Having problem with or without VPN.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KCT
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had this camera system for about two years now.  the voice connect and live view are slow to connect.  I just assumed that it was just the way the system is.  Lately when i access the app on my phone it tells me that the system is "offline".   but if i close the app and reopen it then it says i am online again.  Had another problem this morning the system keeps arming and disarming itself.  I checked for updates but none are available at this time .  How can I solve this problem.  I did notice that I started having these problems when we installed VPN security protection from Norton.  Is this the reason why? Just as a note we turned off the VPN but are still having this problem.  Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey KCT,

What phone device are you using? Are you also having this problem on the web client on your computer?

KCT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey JessicaP,

I have an Iphone 6.  when I access on my account on a desk top it seems to be okay.  But for the most part, I use only my phone.  My wife has the same problem on her Iphone 8.

Thank you for responding.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

What iOS version are you running on your iPhone 6 and iPhone 8? And have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and rebooting your iPhones to see if that helps?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation