Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does this look fuzzy?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RedCab
Guide
Guide

Take a look at this video and tell me if you'd be satisfied with the quality. 1080 from Arlo Pro2. Obviously I'm not (why else post!) but before I seek a solution I'd like to crowdsource some opinions. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

That's prob the best your going to get from a Pro2....

It's the compression that is in use ( during data stream ) that lowers the quality of the 1080.

If you look closely , you can see the bounce of the key frames

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
RedCab
Guide
Guide

Interesting...

1. I've had Pro and Pro2 cameras (5 in total) for years and it's my belief that the image quality has degraded over time. Have you noticed that Netgear/Arlo changed the compression over time, impacting quality over time?

2. The higher end Arlo Pro series camera each offers more pixels, but also wider and taller range of view. I haven't done the math, but is the number of pixels in a fixed boundary roughly constant when comparing 2 different camera?  That's not going to help see a facial feature, read a license plate, etc.

3. Will playback of a video in the "MyArlo" website going to be identical to playing in a different app or youtube? (Of course the mp4 has to be uploaded to the other app). Are there player codec differences that would affect quality of what's seen? Again, going on a quick compare, it seems MyArlo playback quality is worse.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation