Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Jmal91
Aspirant
Aspirant

So my only question is...... did anyone else get the "firmware update" message this morning (6/7/2019)??? i did, for my two PRO 2 cameras and then checked back the device info-- still the same firmware as before... so was this mabe a glitch? or now i am wondering, is my cameras supposed to be updated now? anyone know of anything being released in the last 24 hours? thanks

11 REPLIES 11
SubCmdr
Guide
Guide
Same here. The app says base station firmware update required. I click on the update button and then it says its updating for a few moments. It then switches back to the same message that an update is required. It does not update and is not working as usual.
thelastosirus
Tutor
Tutor

Same happened to me. I just went to the base, made sure it didn't have any unusual lights and power cycled it. I check the base station FW and it is on1.12.2.2_2754 now. I believe this is an answer to the time zone issue. Now they need to fix the solar panels draining the battery.

Jmal91
Aspirant
Aspirant

well mine showed update--- then performed, now they work fine still. but when checking the firmware- its the old firmware from months ago still. 

Jmal91
Aspirant
Aspirant

wait, what is the differnce from VMB4000 AND VMB4500 . they say both for PRO 2  but what is the difference?

my firmware for the base station shows 1.12.2.2_2754--- is this new firmware??? 

i know the cameras are on the old firmware that has been for months now

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

arlo pro base- our app says we have to do a firmware update for the base and cameras otherwise we cannot do live view - but the firmware doesnt update- it will go back to the old firmware and says error 4403.  

thelastosirus
Tutor
Tutor
Jmal91
Aspirant
Aspirant

when you say re-boot do you mean remotely reset or actually on the base station to hit the reset button?

thelastosirus
Tutor
Tutor

No!! Not a reset. Go push the power button to turn the base off. Then turn it back on. If your model doesn't have power button then just pull the plug.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jmal91 wrote:

wait, what is the differnce from VMB4000 AND VMB4500 . they say both for PRO 2  but what is the difference?

Just newer hardware in the 4500. Functionaly, no difference.

SteveMonty
Star
Star
Received the update notification outside of the home so I ignored it. I like to be home and on my network when I do firmware (even though I makes no difference). Checked today and I am running 1.12.2.2_2754. I know it is a time zone fix however I don't recall having a time zone issue. Their release notes are a blackhole of information. If you aren't having a time zone issue, I wouldn't be overly concerned if you did not update. You can always hit the power button (wait for your external storage to spin down if it is a USB traditional hard drive and not SSD or flash) then restart it. Then try to update through the app.
Good luck fellow Arlo survivers 🙂
Shub
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had to perform a hard reset to update the firmware to 1.14.0.2_2776

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation