Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Indie78
Guide
Guide

Hi, since the last few days, my Arlo Pro 2 camera only records for 3 or 4 seconds when motion is detected. Before it would be until motion stops but someone could be standing on my drive and moving around but it will only record the 3 or 4 seconds when motion is detected. I think this has happened since the update.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Indie

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

try and change from "till motion stops" to a fixed time...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Indie78
Guide
Guide
Hi,

I've done this as a temp fix but I want to record until motion stops. This needs to be fixed ASAP.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Motion is defined as what can be detected by the camera, not your eye. Sounds like some testing is needed to determine camera positioning and motion sensitivity settings in your modes and rules.

Indie78
Guide
Guide
Hi,

It's been working fine with no issues for 2-3 years. Only last 10 days or so it started to record 3-4 seconds. Previously it would record when someone was on driveway moving around but now it stops after a few seconds.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted your base and reinserted the camera batteries to get a fresh start?

Indie78
Guide
Guide
I have rebooted the base station. The camera is powered by the mains.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Indie78 wrote:
I have rebooted the base station. The camera is powered by the mains.

It still helps sometimes to pull the battery and reinsert it even on mains. It reboots the camera.

ArloSucksBigly
Aspirant
Aspirant

We gotta pull the batteries on all cameras?  ( I have 5-6).

This is also happening for my doorbell - which DOESN'T have a battery - what then?

This issue of only recording for a few seconds has started for me in the last couple day.  We've this POS for over two years, and despite other issues,  this is a new one (which I think has broken me - time for a whole new security camera system- sorry ARLO)

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation