Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras constantly being triggered when nothing is there. Tried turning down sensitivity and reset.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Patmycat
Tutor
Tutor

2 of my 3 cameras are constantly being triggered - every minute. There is nothing there and I have tried turning the sensitivity down, microphone off and resetting them. This has made the cameras unusable. Just another issue with Arlo....any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

"Nothing there" is relative - it could be the subject is out of view by the time the camera starts recording. However, there's a variety of possibilities but we need all details. Are the cameras on battery or AC power? Is this during the day, night or both? Have you checked your camera positioning to eliminate sources of false triggers such as the street and moving branches? Are the recordings due to motion or audio? Have you lowered the sensitivity in your modes and rules?

Jammy22
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a similar issue. I have my cameras turned completely off and I will hear them triggering the night vision. Camera is off, night vision is also off. This started happening right after the last update. Any help or direction would be great, except to revert to the previous update because who used iTunes anymore?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Jammy22,

You cannot revert to a previous firmware version for your Arlo system. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps that jguerdat provided above?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation