Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I have 2 modes active? Trying to have schedule and geofencing mode active at the same time.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GinoG
Follower
Follower

I currently keep my system set to geofencing and it works pretty well.  When I'm not home I want all my cameras active.  I would also like to have my outside cameras active at night, even when I am at home.  I would like to be able to have both the schedule and geofencing modes active at the same time, but that does not seem to be an option.  Not quite sure why that option hasn't been worked out, since it's obviously been a common request.  I've read earlier posts about this issue and the suggestion is to set up a custom mode.  I can't seem to find a way to set up a custom mode for all cameras active when I'm away, and outside cameras active at night.  Can anyone suggest if this is possible, and maybe point me in the direction of how to do it?  Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're looking at it backwards. You create as many custom modes as you need to cover all eventualities. Any camera without a rule in a mode is disarmed. You then use the schedule to automate the switching of the modes. When using geofencing, you can select a mode for Away and the schedule for Home, if that's what you need it to do. 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation