Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DaveJN
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a camera that WAS recording but has stopped.  I get push notifications of motion but no videos recorded.  I can't get the live feed to show either.  I get a timed out message on the feed.

DaveJN_0-1658420635697.pngDaveJN_1-1658420660120.png

When I look at the video settings, I get the zone activity shown below with a "3 dot" waiting indication.

DaveJN_3-1658420787996.png

I can't reset the screen to remove the zone.

Any thoughts on how to get the camera to respond?  I am viewing it remotely.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DaveJN wrote:

I have a camera that WAS recording but has stopped.  I get push notifications of motion but no videos recorded.  I can't get the live feed to show either.  I get a timed out message on the feed.

What camera model?  Is it paired with a base station/smarthub?  Or connected to home wifi?

DaveJN
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is a Pro 2 camera, as well as the other four cameras that I have.  Also a door bell.  All are paired to a base station.

I recently moved the camera farther away from the base station.  It was recording motion for a couple days, until yesterday morning, when it stopped recording.

DaveJN
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm not sure I answered your question entirely.  I use a base station which all the cameras are paired to, but it's also through the wifi since they are wireless cameras.  The one that is not recording is also on a power cord.  So it shouldn't be a power issue.

DaveJN
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also noticed a little icon under the camera changing from yellow to gray to black.

DaveJN_0-1658429248406.pngDaveJN_1-1658429276463.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DaveJN wrote:

It is a Pro 2 camera, as well as the other four cameras that I have.  Also a door bell.  All are paired to a base station.

I recently moved the camera farther away from the base station.  It was recording motion for a couple days, until yesterday morning, when it stopped recording.

I suggest either moving it closer to the base again, or swapping it with another camera and see if the problem moves with the camera (or not).

DaveJN
Aspirant
Aspirant

That was my thought but unfortunately I'm 600 miles away right now.  I was hoping there was some way I could correct the issue remotely.  Thanks.  

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation