Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SusieS
Aspirant
Aspirant

Earlier this month I received a prompt from Arlo/Netgear to update to the latest operating system. So I did. The new ops system disabled any motion detector alerts that I had been used to receiving. So I then upgraded to the patch that was supposed to fix the disabled alert. That didn’t work. So I Dumped the new version and reloaded the Arlo Legacy and the alerts are working fine. Now I get message that Arlo will auto push the update and leave me without alerts again. What exactly is going on with your software? Why can’t I get alerts from the patch that was supposed to fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi SusieS,

What phone device are you using? Have you tried reinstalling the new Arlo app and rebooting your phone device to see if that helps?

SusieS
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the iPhone Xs Max running 12.4.1
Jintek
Guide
Guide
I too am not receiving notifications on the new app but it’s October 1st. And I’m still getting notifications on the Legacy app. Also I’m tired of keep getting notified I should download the new app when I already have it. I feel like this app is the dumbest app on
My smart phone. Hopefully Arlo is working in the notifications on the new app. I’m just happy I’m still being notified on the legacy app.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

SusieS,

Have you tried reinstalling the new Arlo app and reboot your phone device?

Hi Jintek,

Make sure to delete the Arlo Legacy app as it will notify you to download the new Arlo app. If you're having problems with your new Arlo app not notifying, try reinstalling the Arlo app after you deleted the Arlo Legacy app and reboot your phone device to see if that helps.

Jintek
Guide
Guide
I’m actually afraid to delete the legacy app as it’s still working and sending me notifications. Aren’t the two apps independent of each other? I just don’t want to break something that is currently working for something that isn’t.

Is the new Arlo app working for you, are you receiving notifications on it?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jintek wrote:

Is the new Arlo app working for you, are you receiving notifications on it?

I am receiving notifications on both Android and iPad 13.1.

Not sure that I'm receiving them all (or if I am getting extras).  But I am getting them.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation