Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2, Detects Audio with "Detects Audio" inactive in the current Mode Rules

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Gurrag
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
I have an issue with one of my four Arlo Pro 2 cameras since a few days. It has suddenly started to detect audio (and record video), even though the current set Mode only specifies "Detects Motion" ("Detects Audio" is not checked). In the Android app and on my.arlo.com on the "Device tab" the "speaker icon" is highlighted but in the iPhone app the icon is NOT highlighted.
Has anyone else experienced something similar?
4 REPLIES 4
Gurrag
Aspirant
Aspirant
I performed the following additional test to try to pinpoint the error.
I created a new mode named "test", it contains the only rule "if Motion on Entré". The "If the following" for "Entré" is set to "Motion is detected" and the "Then do the following" for device "Gårdsplan" (Swedish for courtyard) is set to "Record video". The Android app and my.arlo.com show both "Motion icon" (as expected) and "Speaker icon" (not expected) whereas the iPhone app only shows "Motion icon" (as expected) in the Devices tab for "Entré".
If a walk in front of the camera "Entré" it records a video clip with label "Motion" from camera "Gårdsplan" (as expected).
If i shout besides the camera "Entré" it records a video clip from itself with label "audio" (not expected). It does not record anything on camera "Gårdsplan".
It is as if there is a hidden rule with the "If the following" for "Entré" is set to "Audio is detected" and the "Then do the following" for device "Entré" is set to "Record video", and that this rule is active as long as there is another rule for the "Entré" camera active.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Gurrag

Have you tried to reboot the camera or remove it form Settings > My Devices > Re-add it?

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? 

Gurrag
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi ShayneS!

Thank you for your reply. Yesterday I tried to reboot the camera without success, but I did not try to remove and readd it. However, when I checked in on it this morning the erroneous behavior for the camera is gone. It now works as before. It is strange, because the Audio detection error was very consistent during my testing yesterday.
I hope that the error does not reoccur.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Gurrag

That's good news! Let me know how it goes & we can try the step I suggested and go from there.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation