Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SoyBoy26
Star
Star

I have 5 Arlo Pro 2 cameras.Lke many of you I had issues last weekend when there was the larger Arlo network issue...but even with that Arlo issue being resolved, I am still having trouble connecting live to the cameras, both through the mobile app (iOS 13.6), which typically will hang and/or ultimately time out, and also from the Arlo web site. These issues have continued throughout this week and I'm finally getting around to checking if there is a larger issue happening here. The cameras are recording - I can go to the library and view my recordings. But connecting to them live has been a problem no matter how I try to do it - it is very sporadic in terms of working or not. My Internet/WiFi is fine. Seeing if others are experiencing a similar issue. Things had been working relatively consistently until a week or so back, which is why I am asking if there is some larger issue happening here.

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi SoyBoy26,

Is this happening to all your Arlo Pro 2 cameras? Have you tried moving your cameras closer to the Base Station to see if that helps?

SoyBoy26
Star
Star

Hi Jessica - Yes, all cameras, which are spread all over the interior and exterior of the house. Base station is centrally located on the 2nd floor (3-story house). All the equipment is about 2 years old, except for several new batteries I've had to purchase. Trying again today and it's the same issue with both the mobile app and web site. It will just clock & clock...occasionally it will connect, but most of the time it won't. With the mobile app I have to completely close it out as it just hangs - I can't even stop trying to connect. On the web site it's rarely connecting and mostly timing out.  I haven't tried moving the cameras closer to the base station yet simply b/c this hasn't been an issue until the past 7-10 days or so. That's why I feel like it's not on my end - wasn't having this issue until quite recently. The cameras are recording and I can view the videos. I am in Chicago, and if you've been following anything that's been happening in Chicago this summer (and even this week), being able to connect live to these cameras is more critical than ever.  I can definitely test moving a couple of the interior cameras closer to the base station to see if it makes a difference. Any other thoughts?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Are you able to see the live stream working properly using cellular data on your phone device? I'm wondering if it could be possibly your WiFi.

If it still doesn't load on cellular data as well, I would say try moving one of your cameras closer to the Base Station to see if that works. 

If moving your camera closer doesn't work, try power cycling your Base Station to see if that helps. To power cycle your base station, unplug the power adapter from the outlet, wait two minutes, and reconnect the power adapter to the outlet. The base station takes one to two minutes to start. When the power LED and Internet LED light solid green, your base station is connected to the Internet. 

SoyBoy26
Star
Star

Hi Jessica, and sorry for the delayed reply. The connectivity comes and goes for all cameras - today I am able to connect to all cameras. What is becoming a bigger issue is the slowness of the mobile app. Over the last 2-3 weeks I've updated the Arlo mobile app a couple times, and it is borderline unusable. Takes 30-45 seconds minimum to come up, hangs/crashes frequently. I am on iOS 13.6.1.  I am assuming others are having similar issues.

And...the last two days the actual recording of videos has been intermittent. The exterior facing camera will typically record hundreds of videos per day, for vehicles, people, etc. Most of yesterday it was only recording people, then the occasional vehicle. Today we've gone a few hours w/o recording anything, and there would probably be 100 or so videos. Camera battery is new and fully charged, base station is connected, I even rebooted all of it etc.  Just like with the mobile app, I'm assuming others are having similar issues. I have to say - I'm getting very frustrated with the number of glitches that seem to be happening given how much I have invested in cameras, batteries, etc. over the last 2+ years.  I need this stuff to work consistently and w/o hiccups.

NalaZ
Tutor
Tutor
Yes mine has been doing exact same thing for same amount of days. Have had Arlo for few years. It pisses me off cause everything is so expensive. I actually have 10 cameras so I can’t just stop using it. Have tried everything!!!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Bigrig
Guide
Guide
I have same issue now for a couple weeks... trouble loading app (on iPhone 8+) and all 4 cameras... usually times out or the app kicks me out and I have to start over.... WiFi is just fine so that is not the issue. Any answers?
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation