Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
7shelly
Aspirant
Aspirant
1. My 3 cameras have no sound with the recordings, no sound with talking through them to someone.
2. I have the recording time set for 80 seconds and mostly get 12 seconds.
3. Some of my recordings are in fast forward style.
Does anyone have any helpful suggestions? I have had a stroke and depend on my cameras so much!
Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @7shelly

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

I would start by rebooting the base station & testing again?

7shelly
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, I have tried everything I have read from other comments on other questions that are similar to mine.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What Device/model OS are you using?

7shelly
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo pro 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@7shelly wrote:
Arlo pro 2

@ShayneS is also asking about your playback system - Windows, Mac, iPhone, or Android?

7shelly
Aspirant
Aspirant
Oops, sorry... My poor mind!... Lol. I use an Android phone... Samsung Galaxy note 9 98% of the time. I do have Windows on my new laptop, but have only used it once.
Now I'm seeing something about a new App that I should have installed. I knew nothing about it., 😏
bigbigman
Tutor
Tutor

Don't bother with the diagnosis this is a well known Arlo 2 problem when you plugged in. You can follow this thread https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/About-1-3-of-recordings-play-about-10-seconds-and-video-fre...

The only thing to do is for Arlo to actually release an update to fix this issue.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@7shelly wrote:

Now I'm seeing something about a new App that I should have installed. I knew nothing about it., 😏

The new app was just announced.  You have until the end of September to install it.

You can simply uninstall the one you are using now, and install the new Arlo one from the Google play store.  If you have an issue with it, you can install the old one again (it's now called "Arlo Legacy")  But that will stop working October 1.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation