Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No simple way to go on app and drag the cams / lights from one base station/bridge to another?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Nanookie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Questions, please. This weekend I installed a second bridge for my arlo lights (total of 6, 4 on one bridge 2 on the other) and will be purchasing a secondary base station for my 6-cam pro2 bundle. Much of this is due to wifi limitations in my home, but with the cams, I want to buy one of those new Ultra smart hubs when released. 

I learned that installing the lights on teh new bridge was much harder than hoped for. I wasn't able to go into the app and move the light from one bridge to another. I had remove it from the old bridge, pull it down, sync to the new bridge, reinstall, rename, and then update all the rules in my modes for activations / settings. I started looking at what I do with the cameras when I get a second base station and as far as I can tell, it looks like much the same. 

Is there no simple way to just go into the app and drag the cams / lights from one base station or light bridge to another to preserve names, and rules / modes as opposed to creaing hours of extra work for myself? That seems like a very cumbersome "user experience" and much harder than it actually should be. 

Perhaps I did this all wrong. Looking for some advice.

Thanks

josh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No , you were right... there is no way to drag cameras ( or lights ) from one base to another.

Understand that the bases are closed wifi systems that only the arlo devices can talk to. The cameras/lights must be physically sync'ed to the base you want to use it on.

( and only the default modes are auto updated, custom modes must be amended )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No , you were right... there is no way to drag cameras ( or lights ) from one base to another.

Understand that the bases are closed wifi systems that only the arlo devices can talk to. The cameras/lights must be physically sync'ed to the base you want to use it on.

( and only the default modes are auto updated, custom modes must be amended )

Morse is faster than texting!
Nanookie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi.
Thank you. Not the answer I wanted to hear, but sadly what was expected.
Cheers

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation