Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

Ac power has been disconnected from your Arlo device.Activity zones are currently disabled. and a red circle with a ! in it shows on both the Arlo pro and the Arlo pro 2.     We checked and they are online and the power is NOT OFF.   Any idea whats wrong?

364 REPLIES 364
Dezy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just installed these. Just a week later, I reluctantly must be added to this list. I am a "tech reviewer" but will hold off until I see the response from Arlo.  Based on the existing threads, they do not seem to be winning a lot of praise but, again, will give them a week or two to figure out a fix. Otherwise, I must admit that Arlo falls very short.

burdetrs
Aspirant
Aspirant

- I don't have Activity zones setup (Not an option that I can see with the Arlo Pro)

- I received this error on Android App (version 2.21.1_28215)

- Same issue on the web portal.

I cannot connect live to any of my cameras from the Android App or the Web Portal anymore. I don't received any notification either despite the fact that the system is "armed"

All of this started when the App was updated (It's not working on both of my cellphones and on my wife's cellphone)

This is very frustrating as it has been working perfectly since we bought the system 2 years ago. Now it's useless and nothing works. Please fix this issue ASAP!

Thanks  

Bob0311
Apprentice
Apprentice
THANK YOU!!!!!
I REDUCED MY FONT SIZE AND IT WORKED!!!!! LOL
HEY! Im' old and needed the extra. Lol
Jenniferlee212
Aspirant
Aspirant

MrMiyagi I have the Samsung S8+ and all of a sudden the app on my phone says "AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled". I am unable to now see a live feed either. So what is the point of having these cameras if we cant see what is going on? I wish I did not purchase these! They have been nothing but trouble, waist of time, and never worked right.

How can this be fixed any idea?

Bob0311
Apprentice
Apprentice
Redused font size and now "ok" button works but need to press "ok" everytime I go to app
Bob0311
Apprentice
Apprentice
Can you tap the "ok" button and have it kick in,,? If not.... try lowering font size slightly. Just did for me. Til they get a fix!
jfp30
Tutor
Tutor
How do you lower the font on an Android phone? Lg v50
Bob0311
Apprentice
Apprentice
Settings...... display..... font size
Long711
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem as everyone else. The problem was first noticed this morning after I updated to the latest version of the Arlo app released  on 10/16/20 on my Samsung Note 10+. I usually do not update apps unless I'm having a problem with the old/current app, but stupidly I did the latest Arlo update, after which I'm no longer able to view my cameras, all that is displayed is the "AC power has been disconnected..." with no green "OK" button.  On my wife's Samsung Note 8 we have the "OK" button which worked to  clear the message 1 time only and now it has no affect. We need to be able to rollback to the previous app version until this problem is resolved.  From this thread it appears that it first appeared 9/15/20. There is also some mention of it being related to the 2-factor authentication being implemented. I can not believe that a company like Netgear is jeopardizing their reputation with such slipshod practices as this.

UPDATE: I had tried reducing my screen resolution when I didn't see the OK button on the Note 10 but didn't think of and try reducing the font size. Many thanks to those that posted that workaround, it worked on both our Note 8 and Note 10+ phones. The problem still exists as far as having to clear the error message every time we log in but maybe the geniuses that caused the problem in the first place will get their act together and fix it.

Jenniferlee212
Aspirant
Aspirant
Bob0311 your a genius! How stupid that we have to figure out all these tricks. Now I cant see the text on my phone very well. It's a catch 22 now. Thank you for the quick fix.
Franck83
Initiate
Initiate
Bonjour
J'ai également le même problème depuis 3 jours sur mes Arlon pro2.
Toutes mes caméras m'indiquent: l'alimentation CA à été débranché de votre appareil Arlo. Les zones d'activité sont désactivées actuellement.
Une idée, un bug?
Merci de votre aide, c'est très pénible.
random_customer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same. App is annoying. Seems to work once I tap the "Ok", but shouldn't have to. Online never remembers my computer thus requires phone message (pay-as-you-go) but does not show the Activity Zone message. Activity Zones do not seem to apply to the original cameras and I have not set any up on the Pro camera. Not interested in this non-feature for me. Please go back to what was working.

akberalikhan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can assure you one thing based on owning Arlo, Ring, and Wyze - that Arlo is the worst brand. These products comes with one year warranty and exactly after warranty persiods all three of my cameras started creating one or the other problem. they are worst investment one can ever make. 

akberalikhan
Aspirant
Aspirant

the worst security system with pathetic support. 

Zoey12
Aspirant
Aspirant

My one camera that has operated on battery for years, no has won't work unless it is plugged in to AC.  It gets error message: AC power has been disconnected. Activity Zones are currently disabled.   So now the cameras are disabled on battery power?

Bob0311
Apprentice
Apprentice
I've no trouble with cameras. All has been apps! I have both ring and arlo. Friend told me NOT to put all eggs in 1 basket therory. In case 1 goes down. Got my fields overlapping. Wish arlo would have overlapping accessories. Newer outdoor power cords wont work with older cameras. New ones magnetic hookup. Need to make adapter for older cameras. Outdoor wires hard to find!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello community,

The Arlo Development team is aware & working to resolve this issue with the No AC Power Warning. This issue should not affect the activity zone operation. We are aware of the issue and are working on a fix ASAP. We will provide an update as soon as possible. 

Hwalker
Aspirant
Aspirant

That worked thanks for figuring the fonts out. Good fix until it is fixed.

Dlenhof
Aspirant
Aspirant
I read that you could reduce the font size on your phone and press OK (Green Box) on the screen and it will go away. It actually worked for me on my Samsung Galaxy android phone. Unfortunately, you have to keep the font size reduced or it will come back.
Msuiceman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have the arlo pro 2... Have had these messages for the last week or two.
On all three of my cameras. Nothing has changed on my end. Don't know why. It's annoying, to say the least.

Steve
Bob0311
Apprentice
Apprentice
Try tapping the Ok button and camera SHOULD kickin. If not then try lowering your type sizesetting to where the bottom of the green Ok is showing then tap ok. A new fix is coming out. Possibly tomorrow from what mod said earlier. On mine each time i go to app must tap ok but it then kicks in. Good luck!
coyharj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I keep getting a message saying "AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity zones are currently disabled". Base is powered on and all three lights are solid green. I've powered off and back on and still the same thing. Has anyone else had same issue? If so how did you resolve issue?

dcfox1
Master
Master

@coyharj Read the Pro2 forums. 

Edit: They just combined your and my post to Pro2 forums. 

royemello
Aspirant
Aspirant

THANK YOU SHANE.

any hope they could get the geofencing to work a little faster ?

waltfitz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 5 cameras, all battery operated only (never plugged in to AC power). A couple weeks ago, this warning being discussed here (no AC power, etc) message started covering every cam's window on my phone. I have to touch each one to make it disappear every time I enter the APP. The cams are working fine - but that annoying warning has to be cleared 5 times every time I open the APP. I'm guessing it must be an update that caused this, so I hope the fix is coming. Thanks Arlo.