Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Boomp
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro 2 camera is AC powered and has been working giving the 3 second look back, but I have just added an Arlo Light and set a rule for the camera to record when motion is detected by the Arlo Light. It works well but the video recording produced no longer has the 3 second look back. Surely this functionality of the Arlo Pro 2 should still exist when triggered by another device.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Unknown reason why, but what if you flip the rule ??

If the Pro2 trips the light do you still have the lookback?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Boomp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for responding. We tried creating the rule in reverse to see what it does and the video recording has the 3 second look back but the Light comes on about six seconds into the video playback.

Unfortunately this would not be a solution for us as we have bought the Light to place 10 metres further up the driveway to increase the motion detection range of the camera.

The test did however suggest that maybe the 3 second look back is actually on the video when the Light triggers the camera but that maybe there is a large delay between the Light triggering and the camera starting to record. Are there any measures we could in place to improve this scenario? 

I really appreciate your help

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You could simply separate the rules so each only acts on the device detecting motion. Then play with sensitivity to try to get them in sync.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation