Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Differences Between Arlo/Arlo Pro 2 Base Stations Signal Quality?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Guide
Guide

Is ther range of the Arlo Pro 2 basestation better than the standard Arlo base station? Is there any advantage, in so far as range and camera connection quality, in changing out my orginal base station with the PRO 2 one that came with my Pro 2 camera?

2 REPLIES 2
brh
Master
Master

@1234567890123 

I don't believe that there is any signicant difference between the two base stations as far as range goes, although the Pro2 might have less lag in the video recordings if it was connected to the Pro base, plus with the Pro bse, You have the built in siren and ability to add flash drives or external hard drives for back up storage. You are not limited to the amount of base stations you can have with your account, so if range is an issue you could use two bases although you will need to either wire the second base to your router with an ethernet cable or use extenders that have an ethernet plug.

Brian

Guide
Guide
Thanks for the suggestion but I'm already doing that. The problem is that I have 5 cameras, a doorbell and 2 chimes. The doorbell, chimes, and recording camera must be on the same hub to work together. I was unable to find a way to "cross connect " them between hubs. I was also wondering if it was worth the trouble to move every thing over. Kinda sounds like its not. I have had Arlo for over a year and have never had the desire for the other features so, for me that is not a draw. What Netgear needs to do is come up with a non bridge range extender that works with ALL accessories and that doesn't require a wired connection. The wired connection really limits the hub placement to less than optimal locations.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation