Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

I think all these new issues started wth the new app update. I am on Android app version 4.16.1_28692 that was released on 7/1//24. I am still on the library version of the app.

1) All cameras are taking a lot longer to connect to initiate Live View. All cameras will now typically initially show a black screen when I try to do a Live View. It can take a several seconds for the Live View to switch from black screen to actual Live View. Sometimes it says that it's in Live View and you can hear the noise in the background, but all the app shows is a black screen.  Frequently, I have to close the app and do the Live View again.

2) Pro 2 cameras intermittently show offline even thought there is not issue with the internet connection, and the base station shows all green lights. I have to then close and restart the app. I have not noticed a pattern as to when this happens. But it happens regularly and frequently enough to be really annoying.

Anyone else noticing these issues. Is this the beginning of the end of functioning of these legacy cameras? I certainly hope not because they were all working fine and certainly have not reached the end of their life from a hardware perspective.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you experience these issues more or less based on how your mobile device is connected to the internet (WiFi vs mobile data).

Is the behavior the same regardless of whether or not you're connected to WiFi or mobile data?

JamesC

Iduncan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you send me a token reset, having issues linking my HomeKit 

Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC 

Yes, it's the same behavior on wifi and mobile. I am at home most of the time nowadays. I just did a test where I turned off wifi and used mobile data, and it was the same issue. With the wifi one, it happens when I am less than 10 ft from the router. And it happens on both my Samsung cellphone and tablet.

I'm pretty sure it started with the last Arlo app update (or at least the second the last app update). I don't see extra delays or odd behaviours with my other apps.

Edited to clarify that I am still on app version 4.16.1_28692. I see that there is another app update, but I have not applied that yet. Kind of afraid to potentially introduce more issues....

Thanks.

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

I can confirm that my Arlo HD also shows a black screen when I click on live view. It started with an app update in July. It makes no difference if I'm on WiFi or mobile.

Another issue @JamesC ? Can you explain to me please why with every update there is an issue? I'm really tired of these and so is everyone else on here. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation