New Device Verify your identity

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rahlschl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I have a new PC and iPhone and cannot login to my Arlo account.  When I try, I get the verify your identity message.  I tell it to send an email to the listed email address and it never comes.  I've check junk, spam and online filter system with nothing showing up in any of them.  I have even had our IT dept watch for traffic.  Additionally, I started a chat hoping to talk to a support person.  While doing that I had to enter my email and give a pin back to verify.  That worked without issue.  Email popped into my system shortly after I requested it, so Arlo emails are not being blocked.  I never did get to talk to anyone so here I am hoping someone will see this and help.  It seems the system is not sending the verification code for this account.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rahlschl wrote:

Email popped into my system shortly after I requested it, so Arlo emails are not being blocked.

Just in case it helps - the verification emails are sent from do_not_reply@arlo.com, and the mailed-by field in the email header is amazonses.com

rahlschl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the info.  I turned that into our IT department.  They have not seen any traffic from Arlo when I request a code.  It seems like Arlo isn't reacting to my request.  Wish I could just talk to tech support instead of trying to relay all of this online.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rahlschl wrote:

Wish I could just talk to tech support instead of trying to relay all of this online.

I am tagging the mods - @ShayneS , @JamesC , @BrookeN - as they can create a support ticket on your behalf.

There are some situations where Arlo needs to white-list email addresses on their end. (I have no idea why that happens).    So this might not be an issue with your network infrastructure.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have reached out to support regarding the concerns you posted here. They will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@rahlschl  can provide your public IP address by going to whatismyipaddress.com so we can check if your network is being blocked? You can send that via DM. You send a dm by clicking on the envelope icon on the top right of the forum page.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation