Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I'm not getting any notifications with the new app s10 plus. Anyone else have this working correctly
75 REPLIES 75
micfal
Initiate
Initiate
Reinstall didn't work for me...tried 3x
darthvader2002
Star
Star

This is unlikely to help you but I firstly deleted the cache and memory, restarted phone, deleted app, restarted phone, installed new app, restarted phone.

If you have email notifications turned on also, are they coming through reasonably quickly?   With my dramas today, I didnt get any emails either, initially.  Before the app replace, I started getting emaail notifications (and not phone) but all I had done was restarted phone at that point.

Good luck micfal

idbl_fanatic1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here, I was told to update by the app, and then this morning via email, and I am getting NO notifications, it is recording the motion, but no notifications.

WebDancer
Apprentice
Apprentice
ShayneS
ShayneS Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator
‎2019-09-12 09:22 AM
Re: Geofence Notifications
hi @idbl_fanatic1

The Arlo development team is currently investigating reports of missing notifications within IOS & Android devices. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.
--------‐-------------‐-----------
Ok, maybe pull the new app until you are sure its fixed and working?
idbl_fanatic1
Apprentice
Apprentice

@WebDancer wrote:
ShayneS
ShayneS Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator
‎2019-09-12 09:22 AM
Re: Geofence Notifications
hi @idbl_fanatic1

The Arlo development team is currently investigating reports of missing notifications within IOS & Android devices. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.
--------‐-------------‐-----------
Ok, maybe pull the new app until you are sure its fixed and working?

I just went back to the old version, and just got a notification

MindyC7609
Tutor
Tutor

Also no longer getting app notifications on Galaxy S9. I uninstalled then re-installed the app -- worked fine for a couple of days and just stopped working again. I NEVER had this problem with the old app, and now I wish I hadn't uninstalled that one. 

This problem is NOT resolved, so this thread shouldn't be marked as such. Frustrated customers like myself come in here looking for answers, but there are none. 

PLEASE PUSH A FIX FOR THIS ASAP.

idbl_fanatic1
Apprentice
Apprentice

@MindyC7609 wrote:

Also no longer getting app notifications on Galaxy S9. I uninstalled then re-installed the app -- worked fine for a couple of days and just stopped working again. I NEVER had this problem with the old app, and now I wish I hadn't uninstalled that one. 

This problem is NOT resolved, so this thread shouldn't be marked as such. Frustrated customers like myself come in here looking for answers, but there are none. 

PLEASE PUSH A FIX FOR THIS ASAP.

Here is the old version if you would like: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netgear-inc-2/arlo/arlo-2-7-12_25660-release/arlo-2-7-12_25660-android...

mrogers77
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re-installed the app, issued not fixed. Also not getting notifications in a browser as of this morning.

WebDancer
Apprentice
Apprentice
I deleted new app and reinstalled old app and everything has been fine.

Hopefully they wont pull/kill the old app until they are CERTAIN the new app is working.
MindyC7609
Tutor
Tutor

I cannot find the old app in the Play Store to reinstall. Suggestions? 

idbl_fanatic1
Apprentice
Apprentice

@MindyC7609 wrote:

I cannot find the old app in the Play Store to reinstall. Suggestions? 

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netgear-inc-2/arlo/arlo-2-7-12_25660-release/arlo-2-7-12_25660-android...

MindyC7609
Tutor
Tutor

Just saw this. Will try the link. Thank you!

WebDancer
Apprentice
Apprentice
Search for Arlo Legacy
Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary
Same problem. When I install the new Arlo app, the notifications work for a day or two. Then inexplicably, notifications stop. I uninstall and reinstall, notifications come back. But then they stop working again after a few days. I've done this stupid exercise three times now. Who knows what else isn't working....? I am on a Galaxy Note 10.
Tinach01
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having a similar issue. Every time I get a new notification, the number of camera activations just keeps growing. I can find any way to ‘clear’ it.
idbl_fanatic1
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
Same problem. When I install the new Arlo app, the notifications work for a day or two. Then inexplicably, notifications stop. I uninstall and reinstall, notifications come back. But then they stop working again after a few days. I've done this stupid exercise three times now. Who knows what else isn't working....? I am on a Galaxy Note 10.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netgear-inc-2/arlo/arlo-2-7-12_25660-release/arlo-2-7-12_25660-android...

I installed this version and all is working now

Berniebikes
Initiate
Initiate

this issue is not yet resolved.  Dowloading or reloading the new app does not fix the problem for me using an Android Moto G5sPlus phone.  I spent twenty minutes on a live chat with support and they said that the engineers were aware of the problem and working on it.  Disappointing to say the least since they have known for weeks and released a new app that causes this rather expensive setup to no longer be functional as a security system.

4sxb513
Initiate
Initiate
I also dont get any notifications... and it will so.etimes automatically sign-off / log off even if you dont.... so even if i get notification (which is very seldom now), it takes awhile to log back in
idbl_fanatic1
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Berniebikes wrote:

this issue is not yet resolved.  Dowloading or reloading the new app does not fix the problem for me using an Android Moto G5sPlus phone.  I spent twenty minutes on a live chat with support and they said that the engineers were aware of the problem and working on it.  Disappointing to say the least since they have known for weeks and released a new app that causes this rather expensive setup to no longer be functional as a security system.

Use the older app: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netgear-inc-2/arlo/arlo-2-7-12_25660-release/arlo-2-7-12_25660-android...

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Add me to the list now, I d/led the new app about a week ago when it came out and everything was working great now today iam not getting notifications. Typical Arlo engineers its always something due to them not knowing what there doing. But dont worry they will fix it but then they will create a new problem. I bet the new CEO doesnt even own a Arlo system. 

klevard
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also getting notifications on all my devices. I don't need or want to know when motion has been detected. I cant figure out how to turn them off

Simie3
Tutor
Tutor

If you have an android phone go to your phone's settings, then notifications on your phone make sure the "do not disturb" is not on and then look for the Arlo app logo make sure the "show notification" is on. You should also see a list of categories such as  "Always listening",  "Geofencing", "Notifications"  make sure those are on or the ones you want on, especially Notifications. Hope that helps

3BoyzDad
Initiate
Initiate

I have the opposite problem.  Someone or sometthing sets off one of my cameras and I do get the notification but for some reason it shows I have 184 notifications.  If I go into the app and clear them, the next time one of them goes off, it shows 185.  What is going on with this app?

You forced the consumer to switch to this new app and it has some serious bugs that should have easily been detected with some internally testing. 

Lowluvingirl
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just want my ability to “select” all of the notifications in the library again so I can delete them all!! Ugh