Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Mark25
Tutor
Tutor

After rebooting everything, the new app does not connect at all to the base station or cameras. I am using android and have connected to the same wireless network. Please help!

46 REPLIES 46
webill
Tutor
Tutor

Voila!

When first downloading new Arlo app, I had problems logging in. Foolishly, I created a new account. Nothing worked after that. Later the light bulb went on. Looked up and logged into my original account.  The new App worked fine and automatically loaded all of the account info and connected to all cameras.

Recommend that your original account log in is saved somewhere.

Mmp1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well it's Christmas and at the rate I receive Arlo ads I guess they want me to buy a new system so that's why the current one doesn't work.
frozenIIyeah
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't know if the issue is only the app.  have you tried to view your live camera through the website?   My app suddenly stopped working, so I tried my wife's phone.  same issue.  I noticed that I could view the camera if I was in the video settings for creating zones.  anyway, I also tried the https://my.arlo.com/ and it also doesn't connect to the live view.  so, I think there's a problem with Arlo's server settings and not the app.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@frozenIIyeah

Are you still experiencing this issue with your system?

Keebo101--
Initiate
Initiate

I have completely reset my system multiple times and it will not see the base station or the cameras very upset feel I have wasted my money and time.  They must upgrade the app or I will start a class action suit 

Keith

frozenIIyeah
Aspirant
Aspirant
Check for any filters you may have set on your home router. Some have a parent control that could be applied to all devices which could be blocking camera streaming.
webill
Tutor
Tutor

I too suffered thru the problem. It was resolved when I signed in with my original user name and password. The system automatically connected.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Keebo101--

What device/model/OS are using and what version of the Arlo mobile app are you running?

4point
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem, new downloaded Android Arlo app won't connect to base station, reset button, completely new install and setup. Three green lights, cameras synced. From app, going to Arlo support, system shows "normal" from Arlo support site down to my system. I did see an Arlo site install note that the new Arlo app, and NOT the "Legacy Arlo" app, works only with iPhone. I can't find the old Arlo app that changed to "Legacy Arlo" after I updated to the new "Arlo" app that does work.
4point
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please, are you using iPhone or Android for Arlo app?
4point
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. App starts but can't add cameras. Is the order of install steps important? Base station three green and camera synced, then app?
4point
Aspirant
Aspirant
Exactly same for me. But I deleted the "Arlo Legacy". Where did you find it to reload it?
winterfountain
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue here so I am one of everyone. Taking so much time unnecessary time to fix it..... Not ok at all.
webill
Tutor
Tutor

Well, I had the problem some time ago. When first installing the NEW APP, I set up a new account....big mistake. Absolutely did not connect to base station or cameras. Then the light bulb came on. Logged in using my original account identification. Setup was automatic and every thing worked great after that.

MDhunter62
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got my 2 Arlo Pro 2 cameras installed and app downloaded on my Google Pixel 2 phone and voila - it wouldn't connect to the base station. How frustrating!!! I spent a couple of hours with Arlo customer service - they were kind and patient but didn't have a solution  for me that worked. I rebooted and reloaded everything several times. I reset my router back to factory default settings and opened specific port forwarding...and still couldn't get it to work. I brought the base station to another home with a different internet provider and different router (and a friend who is a network engineer) and we still couldn't get the base station to connect to wi-fi so I couldn't get the base station to connect to the app on the phone. 

The result is I uninstalled the cameras and packed it all back up in the box and returned it to Arlo.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what product to replace this with? Preferably with an app that works? My son has Simpli-safe and it was a 2 minute set up and everything worked, but they don't have outdoor cameras.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MDhunter62 wrote:

and we still couldn't get the base station to connect to wi-fi

The base station doesn't connect to your home WiFi.  It connects to your router using ethernet.

I'm not completely sure what you mean by "locate base station".  Are you seeing your cameras and the base when you access https://my.arlo.com via a PC's web browser?

lukezy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think the trick for me to get it working was that I had to remove all the devices in the legacy app. Then I could add those back in the new app. It seems to me that the device information wasn't carried over when I logged into the new app using the same account. Removing and re-adding did the magic. I hope it helps folks who are having the same issue.

MDhunter62
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB Sorry, I "misspoke". I couldn't get the base station to connect to the router  - as indicated by the blinking amber light on the  base station. And yes, it was connected via ethernet cable. And to reiterate, I did try to connect (via ethernet cable) to another router at a friends house and had the same problem. I did spend hours with customer service - to no avail. It could have been a defective piece of hardware. But I just returned it since it seems like it's a fairly common problem.

vmcannaney
Aspirant
Aspirant

Count me in!  I want my money back

klorfzore
Initiate
Initiate
Figured it out! Unplug Ethernet cord. There is a red reset button that can only be used with a needle head (thumb tack, etc) push in and hold it for about 20 seconds... all lights turn Orange. Then unplug the power cord. Open app and start again.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @vmcannaney

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

phanegraaf
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have alot of the same issues. Very, very buggy product. Since I let me FREE subscription expire I had nothing but problems.