Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New app can't connect to base or cameras

Discussion stats
Mark25
Tutor
Tutor

After rebooting everything, the new app does not connect at all to the base station or cameras. I am using android and have connected to the same wireless network. Please help!

46 REPLIES 46
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app?

Mark25
Tutor
Tutor

Yes. I called tech support. It's a problem with the app. Everyone is having the same issue. This is not good.

Frosus
Tutor
Tutor

I have been trying to connect and set up the new app since Arlo stooged us all with its poor roll out. 

My “Arlo Legacy” app works fine and as it always has.  My problem is that the new app won’t connect to or recognise my base station so I can load my system into the new app (as we have been told to do).  I’ve tried multiple times from different devices, all on the same WiFi network, restarted the base station and everything short of completely factory resetting the whole thing and restarting form scratch ( I want to avoid this at all costs as I have to get up on ladders etc to uninstall cameras so as to be able to reset up a “new” system). 

I pay my monthly subscription (which Arlo fleeced me of the day before they made their d!ck move) and to say I’m disgusted with the service so far to date is an understatement. 

Has anyone else got the same problem? Has anyone been able to fix it without having to start from scratch all over again?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, it's not "everyone". I have 3 devices that are using the new app just fine.

Mark25
Tutor
Tutor

Do you have Arlo Pro 2? They told me it was a technical issue with the app. But, they could've told me that to get me off the phone.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mark25 wrote:

Do you have Arlo Pro 2? 

I have mix of Ultras and Pro 2s, and I am seeing my cameras with the new app (Android).

webill
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo legacy app works just fine. New Arlo app wants to start all over again. It cannot locate base station, deleting both legacy and new apps and re-installing does not help,  Connecting to base station or satellite router makes no difference. Using iPhone IOS 12.4.1 on iPhone 10s and Netgear Mesh Wifi.

Currently using Arlo egacy with no problems. September 30th approaches...what to do?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @webill

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Frosus

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Frosus
Tutor
Tutor

@StephenB I Already have. They were useless. Kept telling me my system was fine - had me log onto to the computer based website to prove that it was up and running. They couldn’t understand that my issue was with the new app (the legacy app worked fine) not being able to connect/display my system. I ended up completely redoing the whole system and resetting up. 

Now Oe to get arlo to compensate me for the waste of money that is my subscription fee. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Frosus

Are you still experiencing this issue with the app not recognizing your base station?

Mark25
Tutor
Tutor

Everything seems to be working again. I wish there was more diagnotics in the app when things don't work. Thanks all.

Frosus
Tutor
Tutor

I had to reset the whole system and reinstall/set up from scratch. While I have a working system now - I am not happy with the process and support from arlo around the new app, and providing what is paid for by monthly subscription fees. I have lodged a grievance against arlo and am seeking reimbursement and compensation in regards to my subscription plan due to arlo’s inability to deliver what is is charging for. 

DSherwood
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've downloaded the new version of the app as prompted. But it does not recognize any of my devices. I've tried rebooting them, but nothing seems to work. No specifics in the app for troubleshooting, tried to initiate a chat session and got "not available" response, and saw that if I call Arlo Support there will be a charge since I purchased my device more than a year ago. Arlo Support for this app update is horrible! 

coleysan
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem and no support on this issue
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Start by rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app. Be sure to remove the Arlo Legacy app. Use a computer browser for testing, too.

Calling support doesn't cost even though you're out of warranty.

DSherwood
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply, but that didn't work either.

And this is what it says on the Arlo Support site concerning phone support:

Phone support is free for the first 90 days after any Arlo purchase and is also included with any Arlo subscription. After 90 days, phone support for non-subscribers is available for a small charge to help with advanced features, interfacing non-ARLO products, configuring large networks, and more.

jgpapillon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too cannot have my VMB3500 base station connect to the Lifestyle app  but everything works fine on the Legacy app.  I am trying to contact Arlo tech support but I am 26 in the queue....Not pleased!

Taxman71
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was able to get the new app working (all my cameras are shown) by logging out of the new app (edit profile) and logging back in using my Arlo login credentials. The new Arlo app defaulted to my iTunes email instead of the email and password I used to setup my Arlo account. It’s worth a try as I didn’t have to use the Find a Device at all.
jtalks2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a iPhone the old app was working fine,the new app does not want to connect please help

Stumpy2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed everything as Arlo recommended in setup. I have been installing, reinstalling this new app since they came out with the message to download the new app. I have deleted the Arlo Legacy app....but have to reinstall the app and then system works great. The problem is with the new app. It cant find my 3000 base station nor any Arlo camera devices. I have also reset the base station several times as well. That does not solve the issue. What to do next?

Coachaaron
Aspirant
Aspirant

when i use the app to connect, after it says no device found. I cant get the base station connected to my Arlo login.

Stumpy2
Aspirant
Aspirant

As a further reply to my previous post from this am, I did several things which allowed for the app to work now. I completely erased the Legacy app...and to be safe...even the downloaded new app. I had updated my iphone, and iPad to the iOS 13.1. Then I re downloaded the new Arlo app which made a statement about Bluetooth connectivity. I made sure that was working. The bottom line is that I reconfigured my ID and password....it now is working. Not sure Bluetooth had anything to contribute as to why its working now...probably the iOS 13.1 had a lot to contribute to why its working.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is this a new installation or an existing one? What have you tried? What do you see? Be explicit.