Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Piano-Man
Star
Star
I read an article on the website this morning stating that Arlo are now a separate company from Netgear and there is a new Arlo app, which we must install otherwise we lose access to the Arlo system after the 30th September. The new app apparently launched on 26th August, or thereabouts. I only just bought and set up the system. My Arlo app, from Google Play store (UK) and developed by Netgear, says the app version is from 27th June, predating the new app launch - but there is no other app available in the Google store... Should there be a new app in the UK?
189 REPLIES 189
arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

So this morning (9/4/19) I see there is an iOS update available for the Arlo app and it's called "Arlo Legacy" (and is grey in color vs green). Arlo is saying we should update and then the "Legacy" version will stop working 9/30/19...at which point we need to update to a "new" Arlo app (which isn't even available in the iOS store yet). This bring Arlo, I’m sure the process won’t go smoothly.

So I've turned off automatic updates on my iOS devices so I can keep the current Arlo app version. I’ll wait until the new version of the app is available and then delete the old app and install the new. I imagine they have to do the process this way (force renaming the old version of the app to “Legacy”) so you don’t have two apps installed with the same name (“Arlo”) at the same time because it will cause issues.

Anyone see an issue with doing it this way?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup. The old "legacy" app will stop working so you'd be blind.

arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

But I would install the "new" Arlo app so why would I be blind? I'm assuming it is going to come out before 9/30/19 because if it doesn't, we'll all be blind.

I'm simply saying instead of "upgrading" my current Arlo app to "Arlo Legacy" (only to have to then delete it)...why not skip that step? Just keep the current Arlo version and then go directly to the "new" version once available?

JM63
Guide
Guide
So classic at arlo.
This is terribly unprofessional but who cares at arlo
It is so usual.
Is there anyone managing this company ?
Voyagers
Initiate
Initiate
Where is the Stinking app?
This is starting to get me upset.
JM63
Guide
Guide
I am surprised to see that people are still surprised by arlo unprofessional way.
The geofencing has not been working for month
The firmware update was a nightmare and did not work
It has been a year since I am a user of arlo products and it is so approximative.
They have a good concept but very incomplete products
It is extremely frustrating
I wish I had chosen another prouduct
kipster007
Initiate
Initiate

Why would you make us download and install something that is not going to work in a month...

If you gave me a choice I would prefer my money back then this scammy move... Now there is no ne app to download. Pretty sleazy!

MaryRose
Guide
Guide
I see update in Google play
Piano-Man
Star
Star
Since posting this, my app has suddenly changed to Arlo Legacy. But I can't see a new app in Google Play store, only Legacy.
cnowacki
Initiate
Initiate

I updated the app this morning.  Like you mentioned, it's now named Arlo Legacy and has a grey icon.  That said, the apps still functions like the old app.  I am able to view my cameras.  I also got one motion alert aleady even though motion did not occur in the activity zone...

netarlo123
Aspirant
Aspirant

same thing in german app store

Danlarimer
Guide
Guide
The new app is Arlo legacy that’s the new app
Danlarimer
Guide
Guide
Danlarimer
Guide
Guide
new app is Arlo legacy that’s the new app
JonathanW99
Guide
Guide

@Danlarimer wrote:

Afraid I don't think it is.  On mine, Arlo Legacy says it will only be supported to 30 September and won't work after that.  It directs you to download the new Arlo app (and then delete Arlo Legacy).

But the new app isn't on the app store yet (at least for Apple).

Danlarimer
Guide
Guide
I rang them and they said this was the new app
JonathanW99
Guide
Guide

@Danlarimer wrote:

I'm surprised.  Arlo Legacy on my device is the old app - and explicitly states will only work until 30 Sept.

I quote:

"This app (Arlo Legacy) will only allow access to your account until September 30, 2019."

and... "Once you download and sign in to the new Arlo app, please delete this Arlo Legacy app".

adammiarka
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Danlarimer wrote:

You must have called one of those phishing lines then... Smiley LOL

It clearly states that the legacy app will be discontinued at the end of September.   A new app will need to be installed prior to that. 

unlimitedsounds
Luminary
Luminary

The new APP is NOT the Legacy app.  When you run the LEGACY APP (I am on iOS), it says to download the new app as this app will only work until the end of the month (sept 30).  The new app does not appear to be in the app store yet.

kbng
Luminary
Luminary
same here no new arlo app in ios-store. only 'legacy'
adammiarka
Apprentice
Apprentice

New app is showing up in the iOS app store https://apps.apple.com/us/app/arlo/id1459289784

JonathanW99
Guide
Guide

Nothing for me yet - guessing may be just in the US store currently ?

Danlarimer
Guide
Guide
Thank you that works I appreciate it
Danlarimer
Guide
Guide
I’m in Australia it works
VL123
Guide
Guide
Great and many thanks. Just download and it works. I am in Asia.