Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Myself and my wife have an account on Arlo I need to delete her account now I can do that but it says it will remove all bases and cameras but will it remove the bases and cameras from my account also?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@silverado44 wrote:

I see nothing because I forgot to delete her account on the old bases

You shouldn't see anything, because you need to share the new cameras to her account.  

@silverado44 wrote:

I guess I can delete her account

Might not be necessary, but does no harm.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@silverado44 wrote:

Myself and my wife have an account on Arlo I need to delete her account now I can do that but it says it will remove all bases and cameras but will it remove the bases and cameras from my account also?

Whose account is primary - yours or hers?

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@

@StephenB Mine is primary.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@silverado44 wrote:

@StephenB Mine is primary.

Start by removing her from your account.

1. https://kb.arlo.com/1101094/How-do-I-delete-friends-from-my-Arlo-account
  2. https://kb.arlo.com/000062949/How-do-I-delete-friends-from-my-Arlo-account-Arlo-Secure-4-0

(the first article applies if you see "library" in the app, the second applies if you see "feed").

You could then delete her account (assuming she no longer needs it).

Might also be wise to change your password.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@StephenB The problem is that I had new 4500 bases laying around when I upgraded to the pro2 and I deleted the old 4000 bases I got the 4500 boxes up and running after deleting my account and boxes but forgot to delete her account and now I can't use her email address to add her to the newer boxes cause she is registered to the old boxes. Btw I have feeds with the 4500 boxes

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@silverado44 wrote:

now I can't use her email address to add her to the newer boxes cause she is registered to the old boxes. 

I thought the goal was to remove her from the account.

I'm not sure I'm following the sequence here.

It sounds like you deleted the old equipment from your account, then deleted the account itself.  Then created a new account, and added new equipment to it.

Is that the case?  If so, what does she see in her account when she logs in?

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@StephenB Yes I deleted the old bases and my account and started fresh with the 4500 boxes when I login to her account I see nothing because I forgot to delete her account on the old bases, so I guess I can delete her account on the old bases and then add her to the newer boxes. Thank you for helping me this new 4.0 app is confusing when trying to do things. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@silverado44 wrote:

I see nothing because I forgot to delete her account on the old bases

You shouldn't see anything, because you need to share the new cameras to her account.  

@silverado44 wrote:

I guess I can delete her account

Might not be necessary, but does no harm.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation