Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sese2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need help to change the email on my account. My X set it all up and I want to be able to give the base and camera to my son, but the X is still receiving the videos. Is there a way to change these if I have the base and camera in my possession and he lives across the country now? Thanks for your help.

7 REPLIES 7
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Sese2019 wrote:
Is there a way to change these if I have the base and camera in my possession and he lives across the country now?

Do you still have access to the base station on the web?

If you can login you can try to remove the cameras and the hub from the account.

How do I remove a device from my Arlo account?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Sese2019
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have removed the base from my Arlo account so it no longer shows up ( only my second base and cameras do) BUT my X hasn’t removed it from him Arlo account and so he got all the videos recorded yesterday at my sons house. We can’t seem to find a way to totally reset the base to a new email address
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your ex needs to delete the system from his account if he's the one that set it up initially. That makes him the owner and he has to remove everything from Settings, My Devices in his account. If you own the system in your account, make sure that he isn't granted access in Settings, Grant Access.

An alternative if necessary is to purchase a new base and set the system up new.

Sese2019
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I did buy a new system for the house. It seems a shame to throw out the first Base I bought because the X Is never going to delete out his access to my house. There’s a reason he’s an X.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Sese2019 wrote:
I have removed the base from my Arlo account ...

And the cameras?

Even if you have to have to bin the hub, the cameras may move to the new hub.

That would also deal with this:

@Sese2019 wrote:
...he got all the videos recorded yesterday at my sons house.

Attach the cameras to your hub and see if that works. This will break any link to the X.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Sese2019
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I bought a second set and removed all of the first 3 cameras from the first Base. I then added 2 of those cameras to the second set I bought. ( only 5 cameras can be used on a base without paying some extra fee) so after all this I had 1 Camera left over and the first base. I was hoping there was a way that the base and last camera could be set up at my sons house, but it seems there’s no way to “ do a factory reset” and get that base off my X’s Email. That’s a shame..
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suppose that workin with support, using your divorce decree or any other legal documents, may be useful. No idea if it would really work or if it's worth the time and effort but maybe...

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation