Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
AuntRi
Star
Star

Do I have to re add all my devices when moving from legacy to new app?? Why didn’t they move over with my account?

47 REPLIES 47
Bcjones1950
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have added the new app. The Base Station is not found.  The first display “Add a Device”.  The second display is “No Device Found”

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I suggest contacting support.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Rainydaywork
Initiate
Initiate
We have Apple IOS on all of our devices connected to Arlo. We were able to connect on IPhone with no issues (older phone and IOS) but the newer iPads, and IPhone X were no longer connecting to Base Station. Nothing migrated over with install of the new mandatory App. We trouble shooted by deleting new app and re- installing, rebooting base station, looking through the community postings, tried to do online chat (no connection--waste of time) nothing has worked. We have now spent 2+ hours of our precious time on this problem. So frustrating. Why???? Give us the option of using old app until you fix this issue. Otherwise, as developers of this update make sure it works before rolling it out. On the one device that the update is working, I do not see any difference from the old app. What exactly did we gain, except the headache of trying to get it to work.
MichiganGeorge
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE: Got it to work. Our power went out numerous times Saturday night and magically the new app found my base station and cameras on Sunday. Not sure if the many power on/offs had anything to do with it or not. Maybe restart phone and make sure the older app isn't running on another device? Good luck everyone.

Christamat
Aspirant
Aspirant
My new app will not dowload my base or cameras. It did not automatically transfer everything over and I have spent way to much of my time on this!
mldemmons12
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo cameras did not transfer to the new app. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
SeanM75
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can’t get the new app to sync. I followed the instructions but it says it can’t It says no arlo devices found. It is hooked to the old arlo app. Do I need to bring the camera inside and try it with the camera close? It’s connected to the camera after I reset it but not the app, any ideas?
Davidmose
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue, new APP can't find the base station.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mldemmons12 wrote:
My Arlo cameras did not transfer to the new app. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

First I'd check the web interface ( https://my.arlo.com ) in a PC, and see if your cameras and bases show up there.  

If they are, perhaps uninstall the app, and reinstall it. 

If that still doesn't show them, then I suggest contacting support.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Christamat wrote:
My new app will not dowload my base or cameras. It did not automatically transfer everything over and I have spent way to much of my time on this!

Try uninstalling/reinstalling the app, and then reboot the phone/tablet.

Christamat
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled the app/restarted my phone numerous times
Christamat
Aspirant
Aspirant
I haven't had cameras for more than 2 days now
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Christamat wrote:
I haven't had cameras for more than 2 days now

I suggest contacting support: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Christamat
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have contacted customer support, unfortunately, with no reply.
Sherrik
Aspirant
Aspirant
After I changed my password, I don’t see all of my cameras under “devices” button. I re-synced the cameras, but it didn’t work.
BeeDeeEss
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just called support.

I was told that since I did a factory reset (as that was the ONLY thing that allowed it to be seen with new app) on my base station, it cancelled my previous subscription.  I was also told to upgrade my subscription, again...I used a different credit card, so time will tell if I get double billed for having ONE too many cameras.

I can now see ALL SIX cameras and everything appears to be working.

I certainly hope this does not happen again the next time they decide to "upgrade" the app  : (

BeeDeeEss
Aspirant
Aspirant

JUST AS I SUSPECTED!!!

I have a pending $9.99 charge from my old subscription that was supposedly cancelled (according to Arlo support phone call yesterday) when I did a factory reset of my base station.

The amount of time, effort, frustration and now to be double charged all because they updated an app?!?!  

Good luck to any/all who had the same issue as me, I'm not sure the base station factory reset was the way to go but it was the only way the new app recognized my system.

mvladlena
Aspirant
Aspirant

My SmartHub/Base is offline. I tried everything, deleting the app and reinstalling on iPhone SE, I logged on Web, I tried to reconnect Ethernet cable, power on/off, reset. It is dead since october 11/2019.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@mvladlena

What are the status led lights displaying on the front of the base station?

sfarid123
Aspirant
Aspirant

We've had our arlo pro for the past 2-3 years with no issues until recently when we changed to a  new iphone and downloaded their latest arlo app and now stuck with the same issue. We called it in and they said they will replace our base station and hopefully this will solve our problem.  But it seems like from reading all the treads, the main issue stems from their latest Arlo app release not being able to find the base and the cameras.   

BeeDeeEss
Aspirant
Aspirant

and they tried to double bill me, yet again!?!?  I do not understand what is so difficult here, i used the same email address.  No one is managing this, at all.  Just sit back and collect the subscription revenue.  If i didn't have SO much money tied up in the cameras this entire system would have already been junked and i would be looking for something new.  good luck

MAXX2717
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same happened to mine 😞
I keep trying to avoid installing the new one but my Arlo Legacy had been playing up keep asking to re login so I ended up deleting my old one which I regret it at the end. Now I am having trouble re-installing it to the new app.
MAXX2717
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi guys I have the same problem before but solved it.
Check your account email address and re-login If they say incorrect password. Get a new password and change it thru their website.