Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
AuntRi
Star
Star

Do I have to re add all my devices when moving from legacy to new app?? Why didn’t they move over with my account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MAXX2717
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi guys I have the same problem before but solved it.
Check your account email address and re-login If they say incorrect password. Get a new password and change it thru their website.

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47
brh
Master
Master

@AuntRi,

No, you do not need to add back your devices. Why they don;t show up in the new app, I don't have a clue. If you deleted the Legacy app, reinstall it and see if they show up there. If not you will probably need to call Customer Support to get the issue resolved. Sounds like a back-end/account problem to me. 

Brian

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @AuntRi

Did this occur on the Android or iOS app? Which Device/Phone/Model/OS are you using?

AuntRi
Star
Star
iOS 12.4.1 iPhone 6SE
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@AuntRi

Are you still experiencing this issue? Did you try & remove & re-install the new Arlo app?

gaterchick7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all! I have installed the new app and tried to add my cameras and base station and it just never finds them. Any suggestions? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't help either.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gaterchick7 wrote:

Hi all! I have installed the new app and tried to add my cameras and base station and it just never finds them. Any suggestions? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't help either.

Did you remove the cameras and base from the old app?  That wasn't necessary.  

If you didn't remove them, then you should be seeing them the new app - no need to add them again (assuming you are using the same account).  Are you seeing them in the web interface?

Nailem750
Aspirant
Aspirant
I updated to the Arlo app today on my Android phone. I log into the app and my base station and all my cameras are gone. I'm sure I could go through and set everything up again but would rather avoid it if possible.
I can log in and it just gives me a blank screen with add device.
gaterchick7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I didn't do anything with the old app, its still working.  Its just the new app doesn't seem to be able to find any of my devices, just spins and spins and says try again. 😞

Maggie2019
Aspirant
Aspirant
After I downloaded new arlo app. It was auto login and my device I was disappear. It is no way to logout on app. What should I do?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey gaterchick7,

As StephenB mentioned, have you tried checking on the web client on your computer to see if you're able to see your camera?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Nailem750

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

krodger
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB @JessicaP I'm having a similar sounding problem.  The Arlo Legacy app is working just fine on my iPhone, still, but after installing the new Arlo app on it does not list all of my cameras, or even the base station on the main page (although it does seem to be aware that we have a base station as it shows up elsewhere).  I checked the arlo.com web interface and there as well only one of my cameras appears.  Trying to add and detect a second camera in the iOS app doesn't seem to work - it just spins for a while and reports that no new devices could be found.

Thanks.

BeeDeeEss
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the exact same thing happen, 3 of my 6 Pro2 cams are outside, mounted high.  I pay the $10 subscription rate and this new app acts like I am a brand new customer.  Arlo just hit my bank account recently.  Legacy app shows base station off line.  New app wouldn't even see base station until i did a factory reset.  I spent a small fortune on this system a year ago...now i cant call support (after 90 days) without paying more?!?!

brh
Master
Master

@BeeDeeEss,

You have a 1 year warranty, so yes, you can call Customer Support. I don't believe that Arlo is enforcing the 90 day rule. Be sure to contact them at:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Brian

gaterchick7
Aspirant
Aspirant

JessicaP,

I went online to the Arlo website and it still asks if I want to install a device.  Its getting down to the wire and i'm really getting worried this is not going to ever work. 😞

i've tried to uninstall and reinstall on my phone and my husbands phone and its not working on either one. Still just spins and spins then says try again.

gaterchick7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope, I don't see them anywhere.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gaterchick7 wrote:

Nope, I don't see them anywhere.

I suggest contacting support.  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

roynpj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Downloaded new app. Signed in, No cameras and no base station. I thought everything was supposed to carryover to the new app. Cameras still working in old app. Lights on base station still green. Rebooted phone, reinstalled app, no change. Do I need to add new devices? Log in on computer...same deal, no cameras no base. Using Chrome, is that an issue? Tried adding device, does not find base station. Lights still green. Cycled power, no device. Lights still green. Now what?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The web browser shouldn't be affected in any way. Have you tried a different computer and/or browser?

You may want to contact support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Natb
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve downloaded the new app for my wireless cameras. However despite several attempts, plugging out Ethernet cables and re-booting the base unit the new app won’t find the base station or cameras. Does anyone know a solution? I’ve checked my phone is set to the same broadband router as the base unit.
MichiganGeorge
Aspirant
Aspirant

I downloaded the new app for iPhone and deleted the legacy app, followed the instructions and new app just spins looking for base station. After an hour of trying and being the 47th call in the support que I re-downloaded the legacy app again and everything works... at least until they cut off functionality on the 30th. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a glitch in the new App?!

Rdmoses
Aspirant
Aspirant

I upgraded my iPhone to the new app, and no devices or base stationed transferred. I share the devices with my wife (at a different email), who has an Android. Her new app shows all of the cameras and base station. Using her email on the website, she can see all devices and base station. But when she logs in using my logon, there is nothing. How do I get my devices back, the ones that my wife can already see??

Tout_court
Aspirant
Aspirant
I downloaded the new app.
None of my devices showed up.
I attempted to add new devices and it could not find the device.
When I went back to the old app it found it just fine.
Tomorrow is the last day for the old app. Suggestions?
Bcjones1950
Aspirant
Aspirant