Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My VMB4000 base station is no longer discoverable by my computer or phone. Tried resetting.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Steve_McC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi.

I have read numerous similar questions, most answers revolve around doing a reset. 

I have done this to no avail. 

When I reset, it changed from first and last light being green and the middle one off, to the last one going orange.

Middle light is still off.

I have recently changed my computer to a static rather than a dynamic IP address. 

i think that connection was lost then. 

How can I configure the base station to be discoverable, or my computer to find it?

Thanks Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Steve_McC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I fixed it.

That is I contacted the online chat service and Marina was very knowledgeable and IT literate.

She explained how I needed to revert my router back to a dynamic rather than the static IP address that I had assigned it.

She did suggest first, like everyone else, to reset the base, but I had already done that to no effect.

So it is all good again.

Thanks Marina.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Steve_McC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I fixed it.

That is I contacted the online chat service and Marina was very knowledgeable and IT literate.

She explained how I needed to revert my router back to a dynamic rather than the static IP address that I had assigned it.

She did suggest first, like everyone else, to reset the base, but I had already done that to no effect.

So it is all good again.

Thanks Marina.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation