Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My Custom Modes Are Disappearing

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Azaidi786
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased a new arlo pro 2 and have been having issues with my custom modes disappearing. In the 2 weeks I have had the system, my custom modes have disappeared 3 times already, forcing me to recreate each one. What is going on? I'm ready to return this back to Costco.

17 REPLIES 17
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I recommend using a browser to set up modes, rules and the schedule. I find it works better.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Azaidi786,

Are you making sure to save the mode once you've completed all changes? Which client/mobile app are you using? Do you see the same behavior across all clients?

JamesC

Azaidi786
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I do save the modes. I'm able to use them for a few days  and then suddenly they all disappear and I'm left with just the defaults. I was creating them on my android app. Per chat last night, I recreated them on a pc browser and will monitor to see when/if they disappear. 

Azaidi786
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat wrote:

I recommend using a browser to set up modes, rules and the schedule. I find it works better.

I have recreated them this morning on a browser. Fingers crossed..

Azaidi786
Aspirant
Aspirant
And I lost all of my custom modes again and the system reverted back to Disarm without any warnings or notifications.
presotto
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same problem.  Created a custom mode using chrome.  Saved it.  It lasted the first thime a day, the second time a few hours.  Then it was gone.  This is a royal pain in the butkiss since I want a mode with the siren and one without.

Azaidi786
Aspirant
Aspirant
Are you using smartthings integration?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

presotto,

What device are you using to create the mode?

nb388057
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem using the iPhone app version 2.5.5.

I setup two custom modes, one with sirens at night and one without sirens during the day. It worked fine for months, then all of a sudden one of the modes disappears.

FYI - I no longer use SmartThings integration with Arlo because of all the issues I’ve encountered over the years. I’ve been running my Arlo system as standalone.

I am also getting a strange “The mode could not be updated (4001).” message when I try to save a custom mode.
presotto
Tutor
Tutor
Made the mode with macos chrome browser. I've rebooted the base which loaded new software. Seeing if that makes a difference.

I did notice that after creating the mode and adding actions, the save button was not enabled. I had to change the mode name in order to enable the save button so I could save the mode.
presotto
Tutor
Tutor

A bit more data.  When the mode disappeared, I could no longer see it either on the web.  After creating a new mode on Chrome, I noticed that my phone was showing the old custom mode (which had disappeared) but not the new one.  After logging out and back in again on both the chrome broswer and the phone, what they showed was consistent (both showed the new custom mode and not the old one that had disappeared).

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

presotto,

What version of the Arlo App are you using and are you using any subscriptions with your account?

presotto
Tutor
Tutor

On my android 2.5.3_22376

On chrome, no idea, whater comes on the webwhenever I connect to myArlo.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

presotto,

Has the new custom mode(s) you created saved successfully?

presotto
Tutor
Tutor

It has now lasted 4 days which ties for the record with the last one that disappeared.  If it lasts the week, I may decide that all is good.

SmithsHome
Aspirant
Aspirant

presotto Tutor, any more feedback on this. mine is doing the same thing. Custom modes and schedule dissapears after a few days. I have the Arlo Pro with 3 cameras, not using any other app that the Arlo app and Chrome web browser. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try setting modes, rules and schedule ONLY with the browser, regardless of what the app shows. It may just be a display issue on the app (it's happened before).

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation