Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Irtransdj8
Tutor
Tutor

My camera is not recording, and I can’t find the history of videos on the app

11 REPLIES 11
Jortsu
Tutor
Tutor

The same problem. My system stopped totally detect motion and recordings. Only the live screens works. Is the last update the reason for non working?

Earlier my two camera system has worked perfectly.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you verify that the proper mode or schedule is selected? How about rebooting the base?

Jortsu
Tutor
Tutor

I tried with ”custom mode” (what I´ve used for about 3 months without any problems) and a normal mode ”Motion and audio detection on” =Armed mode.

I have restarted the base unit several times without any help. The situation has stayed the same all the time. Only live screen with both of the cameras.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would reset the system and start fresh. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button (web) or + (app) to claim the base. Sync the cameras. Update firmware if prompted as you go.

BruceY
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same issue. One camera stop picking up motion. Live still works. I’ve reset base and reset camera but it still doesn’t work. Motion test works.. it started messing up a couple days ago. Please help
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What mode are you using? If you remove the camera and resync it, the camera is removed from any custom modes. Only the default Armed mode gets the camera automatically added back in. Have you tried that mode (Armed)?

BruceY
Tutor
Tutor

I just use the Armed mode, nothing else. I re-booted the system and disabled the camera with the issue and re-attached but it's doing the same thing. Not recording motion.

I'll add this is my only Arlo Pro 2 camera, the others are Arlo Pro. But they have all worked fine until a couple days ago when this one (Pro 2) camera stopped recording off motion. Thanks,

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try creating a custom mode to see if that works. Read the FAQs here on how to create it for full details.

Otherwise, I would restart the base, remove he camera again from Settings, My Devices and resync, followed by editing the Armed mode to make sure motion detection is enabled and set properly. Make sure your firmware is all up to date.

BruceY
Tutor
Tutor

I tried those things and the 1 camera still doesn't work for motion detect. I also turned on audio detect (which I usually don't use) and audio detect works fine. I still have 1 Arlo Pro 2 camera that stop working for motion detect. It's also shows the latest update too.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Open a case with support here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx
BruceY
Tutor
Tutor
My camera is back up. I redid what I had tried before and this time it worked. I disabled it from the base then restarted the base then hooked the camera back up to base then it worked. Thanks for the help.
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation